Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer First Time

tag
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Balance Transfer First Time

My Discover, which is fairly new, is giving me a balance transfer option attached below. I've never done one ever. I'm open to do's and dont's. 

I do understand purchases made after a balance transfer is subject to regular interest rate, but does that still apply since I have 0% Intro on purchases also???

FF3EADE4-0947-46C9-98F6-4E73EBB8AD42.jpeg

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer First Time

If you have 0% apr promo and 0% bt offer at ssme time you can use both at same time without fear of interest . Its usually best to keep bts separate from purchases so as not to complicate things. If both promos are 12 months for instance you can enjoy both but if apr is 6 and bt 12 , once your 6 month promi expures do not use for purchases if you are using for bt. Thats just an example

Message 2 of 4
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Disco BT offer  ...

Message 3 of 4
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.....The Discover isn't even a month old. The intro APR is for 14 months also. So right now, I'd say there's about a 3 week difference between the BT and Purchase Intro. 

Did I get lucky with this BT??? Seems like most lenders aren't offering much from what I've been reading. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.