cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer Offer for existing Cardholders are gone?

tag
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer Offer for existing Cardholders are gone?

BT offers in the current economic climate are like a really terrible game of hot potato for lenders.  

Neither of Discover cards has a BT available.  Usually both do.  I don't carry any balances though.

DH is about 1 year in on BT hot potato working down debt from starting a business, with about 1 year to go to be debt free (~13k left).  He's still getting offers for Discover, BofA, and PNC.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 21 of 62
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

Still getting monthly offers on my CashRewards for 3% fee, 0%/12 months. Periodic offers for Premium Rewards.  

Recent Disco for 18 months, 4% fee; recent Cap One 18 months 5% fee no interest.

Message 22 of 62
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I'm still seeing them for all 3 of my Chase cards (And a strange email saying I could essentially take out a personal loan against my CSP CL.) I've had open BT offers from BoA for the last 2 years. BBVA and Elan sent me checks not long ago as well.

Message 23 of 62
NRB525
Super Contributor

The US Bank BT fee is 4.99% to be exact. So I can say I did not pay a 5% BT Fee Smiley Happy

12 month term or thereabouts. I have been getting mailers every single month for a few years now, for both Cash+ accounts.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 24 of 62
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

The US Bank BT fee is 4.99% to be exact. So I can say I did not pay a 5% BT Fee Smiley Happy

12 month term or thereabouts. I have been getting mailers every single month for a few years now, for both Cash+ accounts.

4.99% fee...or interest? If that is the fee, it is hella high if interest will be charged as well. If it is the interest, it is not bad at all. Seems most have 3% fee. I have never done a BT except as a no fee, 0% intrductory offer that I managed to basically move the balance of my goldwing three wheeler to in order to save interest. Being secured, I could not move it directly...paid off goldwing, borrowed same amount from unsecured discover loans, and a week later did a BT on the Discover loan. Not sure why I could not use BT for secured debt.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 25 of 62
pete19103
New Contributor

I have had 0% BT offers from both  Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited for several months (and took advantage of a couple) but the last ones expired 4/30 and nothing new for this month. I had BT offers for several months from Cap1 Quicksilver but didnt renew in mid April.

My Discover It BT expires 5/12 so be interesting to see if it renews after that.  I have Bank of America BT checks expiring 5/18/20 and I usually receive checks in the mail every  few weeks good for a couple months but havent gotten anything recently so thats probably the last one too.  Wells Fargo stopped offering me BT a couple months ago.  

BT offers have been disappering from new cards too(none listed now for the Freedom and the FrUnlimited) and BT cards like Chase Slate and BOA BankAmericard have disappeared from issuers websites.

Message 26 of 62
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I think it is the economy. Not you. Hopefully these offers should come back again once the economy picks up.

Message 27 of 62
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Currently, I have a slew of BT offers from HSBC, PenFed, Discover, local CU.... but DW has very few.

I'm hoping that she'll have more offers later this year... we shall see.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 28 of 62
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

All of my usual offers are there from BOA, Discover, Citi, NASA, and PenFed.  Have an introductory one available on the China Airlines card and the Chase checks are still coming by mail (not that I'll be using Sapphire Reserve for a balance transfer except as some kind of last resort).  I'd say the offers are largely profile dependent, and while maybe the current economic climate may have some bearing on a lack of offers for some people, it's not universal.

Message 29 of 62
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@pete19103 wrote:

I have had 0% BT offers from both  Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited for several months (and took advantage of a couple) but the last ones expired 4/30 and nothing new for this month. I had BT offers for several months from Cap1 Quicksilver but didnt renew in mid April.

My Discover It BT expires 5/12 so be interesting to see if it renews after that.  I have Bank of America BT checks expiring 5/18/20 and I usually receive checks in the mail every  few weeks good for a couple months but havent gotten anything recently so thats probably the last one too.  Wells Fargo stopped offering me BT a couple months ago.  

BT offers have been disappering from new cards too(none listed now for the Freedom and the FrUnlimited) and BT cards like Chase Slate and BOA BankAmericard have disappeared from issuers websites.

I had no idea BofA pulled the BankAmericard from the website. What is wild is that card shows up on my account as a special card with a fixed APR. I also see it shown in the "check your offers" section. I guess they are limiting to the card to those that are highly qualified.

The other thing I noticed is that the CashRewards is now being marketed as a Visa card again. IIRC, it was marketed as a MasterCard during 2019.

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.