cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer Offer for existing Cardholders are gone?

tag
pete19103
New Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer Offer for existing Cardholders are gone?

@Namaste7 wrote:

@pete19103 wrote:

I have had 0% BT offers from both  Chase Freedom and Freedom Unlimited for several months (and took advantage of a couple) but the last ones expired 4/30 and nothing new for this month. I had BT offers for several months from Cap1 Quicksilver but didnt renew in mid April.

My Discover It BT expires 5/12 so be interesting to see if it renews after that.  I have Bank of America BT checks expiring 5/18/20 and I usually receive checks in the mail every  few weeks good for a couple months but havent gotten anything recently so thats probably the last one too.  Wells Fargo stopped offering me BT a couple months ago.  

BT offers have been disappering from new cards too(none listed now for the Freedom and the FrUnlimited) and BT cards like Chase Slate and BOA BankAmericard have disappeared from issuers websites.

I had no idea BofA pulled the BankAmericard from the website. What is wild is that card shows up on my account as a special card with a fixed APR. I also see it shown in the "check your offers" section. I guess they are limiting to the card to those that are highly qualified.

The other thing I noticed is that the CashRewards is now being marketed as a Visa card again. IIRC, it was marketed as a MasterCard during 2019.

BOA has been emailing me about applying for the BankAmericard every couple weeks lately(last email was 4/20)  I clicked the "apply now" link out of curiousity and it still works but I didnt fill out the application to see what would happen; I just got approved last week for the AAA credit card from BOA with its sweet $200 sign up bonus so thats it for me for now.   The AAA card had a 0% BT option when I applied last week but that has disappeared from the card landing page now. 

Message 31 of 62
devilnic
Contributor

Discover and American express no more BT?

So has anyone else experienced no more BT's during this Covid-19? Just wondering. Before all the covid-19 stuff i was haveing a really bad year job wise. Got laid off in January for no reason and took me 3 months to find a permanent job. Was working contract jobs in between. So no, I haven't missed any payments on anything. And believe it or not since getting laid off was making $220 more a week. Now I'm making $230 more a week. Both my cards were supposed to have a year of 0% financing and balance transfers. 

Starting Score: 612
Goal Score: 850

Credit Cards: Capital One Spark Visa $700 6/8/2002 19 yrs | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards $15,000 9/24/2014 7 years | Victoria's Secret $4100 11/17/2014 7 years | Amazon $6000 12/1/2015 6 years | Discover Miles #1 $6300 1/19/2017 4 years | Navy Federal AmEx $10,000 7/6/2017 4 years | American Express Hilton Honors Surpass $2000 4/30/2019 3 years | American Express Everyday Preferred$1000 8/24/2019 2 year | Home Depot $5000 7/06/2017 4 years | Overstock $14,150 5/12/2019 2years | Chase Slate $1800 9/24/2019 2 years | Discover IT #2 $9,000 9/24/2019 2 years | FNBO Evergreen $11,300 11/24/2021 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 11/26/2021
Message 32 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover and American express no more BT?

Nope, all the regulars are still available for me. 

Message 33 of 62
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Discover and American express no more BT?

@devilnic wrote:

Discover and American express no more BT?

As with many others here, Disco and many other lenders' offers are all still available for me.  As for Amex, it's quite rare for them to offer balance transfer to existing cardholders.  That is generally only extended at the time of getting a new card that offers it.

Message 34 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

0 APR BT or Spend offers during Covid-19

Have a bigger purchase on the horizon that I'd rather space out--and in the process would prefer to avoid needing a new card I don't really need to acquire a 0% APR offer. As the subject heading states, I am wondering if people are hearing of/seeing 0% APR BT or even temporary 0% APR reductions from their lenders at this time. I would imagine they are few and far between. 

I think my Citi BT offer for the DoubleCash went away. Not really seeing anything else either through currnet lenders. 

Message 35 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 0 APR BT or Spend offers during Covid-19

Yes.

Major banks have scaled back on their BT offers. Not all, but alot.

Message 36 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have a bigger purchase on the horizon that I'd rather space out--and in the process would prefer to avoid needing a new card I don't really need to acquire a 0% APR offer. As the subject heading states, I am wondering if people are hearing of/seeing 0% APR BT or even temporary 0% APR reductions from their lenders at this time. I would imagine they are few and far between. 

I think my Citi BT offer for the DoubleCash went away. Not really seeing anything else either through currnet lenders. 

Wells Fargo's platinum card has a 18 month intro apr on purchases AND balance transfers

Message 37 of 62
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Depends, really. Chase is bombarding my inbox with BT offers and reminding me daily of Chase loan option.

I looked, and Citi BT offer is gone.

Dont have one from Disco (that went away long time ago). 

US Bank has BT offers for both Cash+ and AR (as if that would ever happen 😒) 

Message 38 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

interesting...

Chase took away all of my BT offers. Biz and personal cards.

Have you ever used yours? Because I used mine twice.

Message 39 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes but you have to apply for those.

If you already have a BT-friendly credit card, usually you have access to special BT deals. But recently they've disappeared. It was good because you didn't have to apply for anything new to get cash in hand.

Message 40 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.