cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer - PayPal Credit possible?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Balance Transfer - PayPal Credit possible?

So carrying a bit of a balance on PayPal credit not a ton, but around 800$.  I could pay it off, but have some expenses coming up(moving due to job change).  My question to others since a few promos are coming up can one BT to another card a paypal BML account?  The reason I am unsure is I don't know the account number for my paypal credit like a typical CC.  Thanks in advance.  I have several cards such as NFCU I can carry it on at 2.x APR or a few 0% APR cards with a 3% fee and take my time paying it off vs. just paying it prior to promo financing.  Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Balance Transfer - PayPal Credit possible?

Question CC, do you have any Bt offers where you can just deposit money in your account and then you just payoff Paypal directly. Thats what i did on one of my Bts with my Boa BBR. I love getting the money deposited into my checking as i find it easier and faster to pay off other ccs.Judt a thoughtSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Question CC, do you have any Bt offers where you can just deposit money in your account and then you just payoff Paypal directly. Thats what i did on one of my Bts with my Boa BBR. I love getting the money deposited into my checking as i find it easier and faster to pay off other ccs.Judt a thoughtSmiley Happy

I do have a few of those offers, probably one with the BBR, but prefer to us someone like Navy as they are doing 2.99 or promise where it is 4.99% 0 percent fees for either..  Navy and PenFed I don't believe you can get it deposited straight into your account by check or ACH?  I certainly could be wrong though.  Be really easy with Merrill or BBR from bofa or Cap1.  Was just curious if a normal way works otherwise your idea is certainly viable.

Message 3 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah, i got the Promise but am relatively new to Penfed and have no experience with Navy but im sure someone will be along shortly with more knowledge on their workings. Best of luckSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just did it to PENFED and it recognized the account number as PayPal Credit even though it looked like a MasterCard number 5xxx xxxx xxxx xxxx .. It still picked it up and went through just fine.  It was approved no issue.  Mise well use that 30k CL and give it to my main bank as 4.99 is fair enough and pay off the balance in about 4 months and avoid retro interest with PayPal.  Really just curious how long it will take for PayPal credit to show 0 balance as I know PenFed BT's are very fast like 2 days fast typically when I have BT'ed Cap1 to PenFed.

Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice going CC. question though , how did you locate your paypal credit number. Or was that in the 1st paper we receive upon opening account?
Message 6 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Nice going CC. question though , how did you locate your paypal credit number. Or was that in the 1st paper we receive upon opening account?

PayPal Credit account number is under see current statement then you there is an icon for see full statement that pulls up or downloads a PDF and upper left hand corner it shows the full account number among other information and looks like any other CC statement.  If you need some screen shots I will be glad to provide them to walk you through it if you need help.

Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks CC, Im good for now but appreciate the heads up in case i ever have to locate it. Great night!Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, I BTd my paypal off to a barclaycard last year.
Easiest way to get your account number is to load up your statement from the month before and it should be on there
Message 9 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Yup, I BTd my paypal off to a barclaycard last year.
Easiest way to get your account number is to load up your statement from the month before and it should be on there

Was it an ACH to paypal credit or a physical check do you know?  I assume it will be an ACH since it picked it right up being paypal credit and didnt have to put address or anything in.  In theory should show on my Penfed acct tomorrow or Friday and PayPal paid off by monday ideally.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.