Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfer before requesting CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance Transfer before requesting CLI

@Anonymous wrote:
That would make my other card have about 50% utility, so it'd be the same except my BoA is the one that will be asking for a CLI so it would look nice if it had a zero balance. I have a perfect payment history and my EQ score is 681 and Experian from creditchecktotal of 714. Doing this BT would cost me nothing. My point is, does your CURRENT balance on the card affect the chances of a CLI at all?
Message Edited by damet on 08-27-2009 09:08 PM

A 681 is not a great score for a prime lender, such as BoA.  If you were able to pay the $1600 off and allow it to update to the CRA's, this would not only have a zero balance, but probably bump your FICO.  But if the balance shows up on another CC, then your FICO will not be improved.

Do you have the ability to pay it off short term or under the table to see what the FICO increase would be?  I personally don't thing a sub-700 score is a good starting point, but I could be wrong....

What does FICO simulator say with paying down/off CC balances will result in?

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-28-2009 07:40 AM
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well BoA doesnt pull a credit report for a balance increase right? I mean if I just move the $1600 to another card, then when I ask for a CLI, BoA will see that I have a nice zero balance. Of course if they pull a Credit Report it will show no change in score, however they dont do that for a CLI. Just for CLI purposes, it would be good to do a BT?
Message 12 of 13
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well BoA doesnt pull a credit report for a balance increase right? I mean if I just move the $1600 to another card, then when I ask for a CLI, BoA will see that I have a nice zero balance. Of course if they pull a Credit Report it will show no change in score, however they dont do that for a CLI. Just for CLI purposes, it would be good to do a BT?

BofA will look at your CBR for a CLI. Most likely that will be a soft INQ run at the time of your request. There is also some small chance that they will pull a hard INQ. That is not very likely and you will be informed before it will be done.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.