Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfers as 'Cash in Hand' transfer

tag
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Balance Transfers as 'Cash in Hand' transfer

Which cards allow you to use balance transfer as getting 'cash in hand'? For example, with my Bank of America card, I can create balance transfer but ask for cash to be deposited to my bank account. So essentially, borrowing cash at 0% w/small fee.

Thanks, so much.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance Transfers as 'Cash in Hand' transfer

Discover and Citi are known to offer the option but it's not guaranteed. 

Message 2 of 10
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover and Citi are known to offer the option but it's not guaranteed. 

Same with Barclays. I have one of these offers showing.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 10
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

First National Bank Omaha and Simmons Bank both sent me checks to use as Balance Transfer.

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 4 of 10
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Citi, Discover, Chase, HSBC, FNBO, PenFed all come to mind...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 10
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

...Commerce Bank....

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 10
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Can verify that Citi offered me a direct deposit "balance transfer" when I got my Simplicity card last year, pre-covid. Not sure what the odds are for getting that offer these days though.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 7 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Barclays offers this option as well.

Message 8 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I'll add Wells Fargo to the mix. Not via DD but via BT checks. PNC has sent BT checks as well.
Message 9 of 10
cr101
Established Contributor

@Loquat wrote:
I'll add Wells Fargo to the mix. Not via DD but via BT checks. PNC has sent BT checks as well.

If you have a bank acct w WF, I believe that you can xfer to your WF bank acct. You would go to Transfers and select your cc acct as the 'from' acct. It then tells you that there will be a cash adv.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.