Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance Transfers

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Re: Balance Transfers

If call and state that I would like to apply for the Platinum for a BT transfer what do I say after that? I have never called in to apply for anything. Do I try to request a certain amount? Should I mention the $1400 BT and that I am trying to stay under a certain UTL before apping? Im so clueless 😭
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV wrote:
If call and state that I would like to apply for the Platinum for a BT transfer what do I say after that? I have never called in to apply for anything. Do I try to request a certain amount? Should I mention the $1400 BT and that I am trying to stay under a certain UTL before apping? Im so clueless 😭

Yes when you call to app, let them know that you’re intending to bring about $1400 worth of balances from other cards with you. If you get approved for a low limit or go pending, they can send your request for an accommodating limit to the UW staff. I would say to be realistic about limits though and probably ask for a recon to $2K if you get a low limit. 

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cosign Sareens advice. Legit strategy given your circumstances. Best wishes OP. Let us know how it shakes out! 😊
Message 23 of 29
CivalV
Established Contributor

I really appreciate the help. When I get a bit of a score increase and lower my UTL I will take the dive into NFCU. For now I will lay low. I will update when I do decide to pull the trigger 💪🏼
Message 24 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CivalV wrote:
I really appreciate the help. When I get a bit of a score increase and lower my UTL I will take the dive into NFCU. For now I will lay low. I will update when I do decide to pull the trigger 💪🏼

Good luck and I hope you get that BT rolling soon

Message 25 of 29
CivalV
Established Contributor

Thank you! My two premier cards are hurting financially between the monthly fees, annual and high APR. I need to get rid of them. I made the mistake of keeping them after paying them off but I have learned a huge lesson.
Message 26 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CivalV wrote:
Thank you! My two premier cards are hurting financially between the monthly fees, annual and high APR. I need to get rid of them. I made the mistake of keeping them after paying them off but I have learned a huge lesson.

It will happen.  Dont feel bad, sometimes life gets in a way of best laid plans. 

You're doing all the right things now, focus on that.

Message 27 of 29
CivalV
Established Contributor

Yes you are right! Moving forward and making smarter financial choices. Ive come a long way from my FICO scores being in the 400s due to collections. I was able to PFD 2 collections with one that is only reporting on EX. I will be dealing with that one tomorrow. I do feel like I am improving, otherwise Discover wouldnt have trusted me me my newly unsecured CL of $2000. I am hopeful that NFCU will give me a chance but my expectations are not high. Just thinking about applying makes my stomach turn 😂😂
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV wrote:
Yes you are right! Moving forward and making smarter financial choices. Ive come a long way from my FICO scores being in the 400s due to collections. I was able to PFD 2 collections with one that is only reporting on EX. I will be dealing with that one tomorrow. I do feel like I am improving, otherwise Discover wouldnt have trusted me me my newly unsecured CL of $2000. I am hopeful that NFCU will give me a chance but my expectations are not high. Just thinking about applying makes my stomach turn 😂😂

My stomach turned too and then I got a big surprise. TU was always a lot lower than Experian and Equifax for me despite E and E having more baddies but it didn’t bother NFCU. I think like Disco, NFCU likes extending limits to people who are likely to carry a balance now and then. But NFCU is hard to figure out like Disco so nothing is set in stone. They DO value relationships though and once you’re established, the sky is the limit if you treat them right. 

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.