Did you mean: 

Balance transfer card, chances for approval, CL --- need help

tag
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: Balance transfer card, chances for approval, CL --- need help

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

4) I really can't resist penfed CC(my original plan),so do I need to open checking or savings with them  to apply CC? Will it help to get the approval? 

You need to join and deposit $5 in your share account. Other than that, NO!

I understand it sounds attractive, but all indications are that you aren't going to get approved for the CC. 

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

If i bring down my utilization about 15% with borrowed money from friend and if i do that before the current statement period, Is it worth applying after 30 days from now?  

Will my paystub showing about 100K/year or household income about 150K/year help? 

Just trying to be in good position before I do this. 

Anyway great help thanks.

Message 12 of 34
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If i bring down my utilization about 15% with borrowed money from friend and if i do that before the current statement period, Is it worth applying after 30 days from now?  

Will my paystub showing about 100K/year or household income about 150K/year help? 

What will your total util be then and highest util on one card?

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total will be approx 15% and highest approx 9%.
Message 14 of 34
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Total will be approx 15% and highest approx 9%.

Recompute and come back to me. I meant highest util on a card - not the util on the card with the highest limit (but that would be good to know, too.) I assume the total util you postedd is correct.

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total ---  15%, highest util on a card ----9%(highest limit)
Message 16 of 34
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If the above would be correct the only thing you could get flagged on is too much available credit for income. If you are willing to take that risk I would try it.
Message 17 of 34
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

ccWatch wrote:

Maybe my brain isn't working, but the math here seems impossible. How can your total util be higher than that on the highest util card?

For total util, we're talking total revolving util. Don't factor in car loans, mortgages, etc. Just your CC's, lines of credit, and possibly lowish-CL HELOC's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 34
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe my brain isn't working, but the math here seems impossible. How can your total util be higher than that on the highest util card?

For total util, we're talking total revolving util. Don't factor in car loans, mortgages, etc. Just your CC's, lines of credit, and possibly lowish-CL HELOC's.

I was wondering the same thing! OP said:

"I missed the change of terms notice from ca1, so they hiked my rate from 4.99 to 13.99 on my 24K balance (30K CL).I paid off 6k and I want to transfer the remaining 18k balance to low interest card."   Smiley Indifferent

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 19 of 34
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you missed the above.
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.