cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer from Discover to Barclay card? How long?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance transfer from Discover to Barclay card? How long?

I started a balance transfer on July 20. How long has it taken you to transfer a balance from discover and showed on your discover account?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Balance transfer from Discover to Barclay card? How long?

I have no idea. I always have Barclay transfer the money into my checking account instead of paying any card directly. That only takes a couple of days.

Hopefully someone else will chime in that can help.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I started a balance transfer on July 20. How long has it taken you to transfer a balance from discover and showed on your discover account?

I allow 10 days and it usually completes in less. If you're transferring the balance from Discover to Barclays it's really how fast Barclays operates, not how fast Discover operates, that determines the speed. Discover reflects the payment the day after it arrives.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a weekend in there. Give it a few days. Both discover and Barclays are pretty quick on their own with transfers.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.