Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer help... 7.9 for life

tag
Tszone
Regular Contributor

Balance transfer help... 7.9 for life

So I was approved for a NASA FCU credit card with 7.9 balance transfer for life. I would like to transfer 8-10 cards over to my new card. Will I be allowed to transfer that many cards as along as it is under my credit limit? They say they will send balance transfer checks, how many will they send? It also states for qualified applicants, am I qualified?

7.9% for balance transfers made within 90-days of account opening for qualified applicants, based on creditworthiness. The 7.9% will remain in effect for the life of balances transferred within the first 90-days of account opening. Balance transfers made after 90-days of account opening do not qualify for 7.9%.  

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Balance transfer help... 7.9 for life

their balance transfers are treated like cash advances! On this note write a check to yourself and just pay all the cards off, interest is the same

Message 2 of 8
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Good question I would like to know the answer to.  Also I wonder if the issuer freaks out when you do.........say use  50-75% of your CL for BT

Message 3 of 8
Tszone
Regular Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

their balance transfers are treated like cash advances! On this note write a check to yourself and just pay all the cards off, interest is the same

So your saying I can deposit a check in my bank and I will only be charged the 7.9 percent for life of the check I deposit?

Message 4 of 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

read the terms, balance transfers are treated as cash advances!

Message 5 of 8
Tszone
Regular Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

*Balance transfers are considered cash advances, therefore no grace period applies and finance charges will begin on the transaction date. This offer is valid for balances transferred from other institutions only. Please continue making payments on your other credit card account(s) until the balance transfer is confirmed on your other institution's account statement.

Ok found this, This offer is valid for balances transferred from other institutions only

Message 6 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Tszone wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

*Balance transfers are considered cash advances, therefore no grace period applies and finance charges will begin on the transaction date. This offer is valid for balances transferred from other institutions only. Please continue making payments on your other credit card account(s) until the balance transfer is confirmed on your other institution's account statement.

Ok found this, This offer is valid for balances transferred from other institutions only

That last bit just means you cannot transfer a balance from one NASA card to another, which presumably doesn't apply to you.  Nearly all (or all) institutions have similar rules. (And if allowed to get a check to deposit, you can get around this anyway).

Message 7 of 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i have thrown these in the bank many times over from other lenders with no problem

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.