Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer search

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance transfer search

Hi all, I'm new to the forums and in desperate search of help... a bit overwhelmed...
I need to transfer a balance before I start getting hit with APR but way to many cards.. can you recommend a card with my scores?
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance transfer search

AMEX ED - Easy to get if you have Amex CC already.

CHASE SLATE - keep in mind the 5/24 rule.

BANKAMERICARD - Not sure if easy to get.

All $0 Balance Fee Transfer of done within 60 days of opening Smiley Happy

Let us know what you decide on to do!

Message 2 of 32
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Welcome OP

What is your UT and what is the balance you are looking to transfer? Whatever 0% APR card you get you want it to have a large enough CL. Now if your present cards are maxed out, you may have a problem no matter what your scores are.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks....
ATM my UT is at 38%. I'm trying to transfer the balance on my Discover IT before APR hits it which is 7K and while I'm at it my CAP1 which has a little under 1K.
Which card do you believe will offer the highest CL for a blanace transfer?
Message 4 of 32
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all, I'm new to the forums and in desperate search of help... a bit overwhelmed...
I need to transfer a balance before I start getting hit with APR but way to many cards.. can you recommend a card with my scores?

Best balance transfer cards are credit union platinum cards with no balance transfer fees.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not familiar with credit union cards. Do you recommend any, that I can research?
Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not familiar with credit union cards. Do you recommend any, that I can research?

Are you past military or are any members of your immediate family have military affiliation?

Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, nobody in my family has any affiliations...
Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

PenFed would be a good place to start then. 

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well there goes my recommendation.

Have you ever had an increase on your 6k Amex card?  What card is it?  Since you are newer here then I am not sure if you are aware that  Amex is well known to hand out 3x credit limit increases.  With that 6k you have now, that could turn into 18k in a matter of minutes.  Then I would apply for the Everyday card as mentioned in another post.  Even if you get a lower credit line, you can move the credit limit over from your 18k card to the Everyday.  Don't pull the trigger on this yet though.  I do like the idea of having a credit union card that you can keep forever.  Let the others respond with more recommendations.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.