Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer search

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance transfer search

AMEX BCE
Oh how I wish AMEX would of approved me for 6K out the gate.. Unfortunately that wasn't the case, I was only approved for 2K back in September and read about the 3X increase after 60 days. Hopefully they increase often like Discover. Thanks for all your help!!!
Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
AMEX BCE
Oh how I wish AMEX would of approved me for 6K out the gate.. Unfortunately that wasn't the case, I was only approved for 2K back in September and read about the 3X increase after 60 days. Hopefully they increase often like Discover. Thanks for all your help!!!

No problem.  Just throwing out ideas.  It seems you won't be able to try for the 3x for a couple of more months.  I think you're scores are good and that really isn't the issue of being approved.  The problem is trying to get a high enough initial CL to do the 7k BT.

Message 12 of 32
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not familiar with credit union cards. Do you recommend any, that I can research?

1. You're likely to find a good credit union that only takes people who live or work in your area. So you could research it, searching for "credit unions near me" or "best credit unions in ____ [insert your state name]"  or something like that.

2. Some nationwide credit unions who will accept pretty much anybody, who have cards of the type I mentioned, are Langley FCU, PenFed, Unify FCU, Digital Credit Union, and Andigo Credit Union.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not familiar with credit union cards. Do you recommend any, that I can research?

1. You're likely to find a good credit union that only takes people who live or work in your area. So you could research it, searching for "credit unions near me" or "best credit unions in ____ [insert your state name]"  or something like that.

2. Some nationwide credit unions who will accept pretty much anybody, who have cards of the type I mentioned, are Langley FCU, PenFed, Unify FCU, Digital Credit Union, and Andigo Credit Union.

But which ones in that list are known for big SLs besides PenFed? At $7,000 for BT, that means $12,000 to be under 60% utilization right out of the gate. 

Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the ideas... I will do some researching tonight.... this is new to me, wasn't aware of these kinds of credit cards...
Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I didnt even think of that... Never crossed my mind I would be maxing out the card and hurting my UT if the limit is low.
Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious?!? This credit union CC.. Would it be considered a different kind of credit? My account mix is not good, I'm wondering if this kind of CC would help it?
Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Curious?!? This credit union CC.. Would it be considered a different kind of credit? My account mix is not good, I'm wondering if this kind of CC would help it?

No

Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHOMP! I have CC's and a lease ATM... I cant get into a mortgage and have 0 student loans... What else helps this MIX on my report?
Sorry in advance for so many quesions.....
Message 19 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
WHOMP! I have CC's and a lease ATM... I cant get into a mortgage and have 0 student loans... What else helps this MIX on my report?
Sorry in advance for so many quesions.....

Your lease is considered an installment account. For scoring purposes, you are fine as far as credit mix.
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.