cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer to Chase Slate from Chase account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Balance transfer to Chase Slate from Chase account?

Hello! First post here…

The other night I contacted Chase card support to talk through balance transfer options. I asked the question "Can a Chase Slate card do a balance transfer from another Chase card?" (Knowing full well what the fine print had said.

The customer rep said "No, not officially." …which would obviously beg the question from me: "Ok, so what about unofficially?"

I wish I had recorded the conversation so that I had the tip a little more fresh in my mind, but he went on to say something about making a purchase, paying it off, getting a paper statement and then being able to do a balance transfer to a check, then paying it into my checking account. In that order, I'm unsure about whether the statement or pay off came first. Honestly the details are a little vague a few days after.

Now, I know that "access checks" are not available on the 0% BT offer, so I'm just trying to understand what, if anything, I can do about this. I was approved for a solid limit on the Slate and would like to make good use of it.

Is there anything that I can do that might be able to make this happen (unofficially)?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Balance transfer to Chase Slate from Chase account?

Welcome!!

Chase is a really good bank to have under your belt. I myself wouldn't take the chance of doing something risky to ruin the relationship. Most banks would not allow you to do this and I am sure that Chase will not also. Finding a loophole to me isn't always the best choice in my view. I am not perfect and I hope that I don't come acros that way but again...I myself wouldn't support the risk...good luck on whatever you decide....Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome!!

Chase is a really good bank to have under your belt. I myself wouldn't take the chance of doing something risky to ruin the relationship. Most banks would not allow you to do this and I am sure that Chase will not also. Finding a loophole to me isn't always the best choice in my view. I am not perfect and I hope that I don't come acros that way but again...I myself wouldn't support the risk...good luck on whatever you decide....Smiley Happy

Thanks for that. Always a helpful reminder.

Ended up deciding to apply for a Bank Americard with the 0% Balance Transfer APR and no fees for 60 days. I got approved for $10,000, which is on top of the $9,800 I got from the Slate.

In theory, I should be able to transfer in to the Bank Americard from my other Chase account, then back out to my new Slate to bring that balance to $0. And then whatever balance remains could get transferred to the Bank Americard. Then I'd have a balance sitting on both cards, all getting paid down with 0% interest over the next 15 months. Can't seem to poke holes in that theory yet but I'm new to this…does it seem sound?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome!!

Thanks for that. Always a helpful reminder.

Ended up deciding to apply for a Bank Americard with the 0% Balance Transfer APR and no fees for 60 days. I got approved for $10,000, which is on top of the $9,800 I got from the Slate.

In theory, I should be able to transfer in to the Bank Americard from my other Chase account, then back out to my new Slate to bring that balance to $0. And then whatever balance remains could get transferred to the Bank Americard. Then I'd have a balance sitting on both cards, all getting paid down with 0% interest over the next 15 months. Can't seem to poke holes in that theory yet but I'm new to this…does it seem sound?

Congratulations on your BofA approval...very nice SL (starting limit). BofA...another great bank (in my opinion) to have under your belt...way to go!!.....Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't have to transfer the total sum of the balance if you don't want to. You can, it would just be extra steps in your explanation. You choose how much of the balance is transferred. So, instead of transferring to BoA, to Chase, and another small one back to BoA you could transfer the total lump to BoA that you initially wanted to do (I'm doing this under the assumption that the total is less than 10,000) and then just transfer the amount you want on the Chase Slate, while leaving the "small leftover amount" that was mentioned on the BoA card from the get-go.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.