Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfer?

tag
sexycredit

Balance transfer?

Hello,

guys are they any banks that allows bal transfer to checking AC immediately after getting approved, before the card arrives?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Re: Balance transfer?

Don't know about immediately but typically, you can enter BT information in the CC app. If approved, I imagine that will start the BT process sooner than having to wait until you receive the card. But it'll still take a few days to process.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 2 of 9
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@sexycredit wrote:

Hello,

guys are they any banks that allows bal transfer to checking AC immediately after getting approved, before the card arrives?

If I'm reading your question correctly, sounds like you want to do a transfer from a credit card to your checking account?  That would probably be considered a cash advance rather than a balance transfer.  I'm sure some of the experts on here will weigh in on that. 

Message 3 of 9
compassion101
Established Contributor

Sometimes there are options to get cash for the same conditions as a balance transfer.

If you are in need of quick money though I doubt it will arrive quickly. Should take at least a couple of days possibly a week or so.

Message 4 of 9
missjae
Established Contributor

My local credit union cc was the closest I could ever get to this. After approval, I went in branch to get the card. They allow transfers to my checking/savings account by phone/in person. The interest rate is the same as reg purchases. No BT/cash advance fees. However, they charge interest from the day you take the cash out....
Message 5 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

BOA will do a direct deposit as a "balance transfer"
But it will depend on your creditstanding, as well as your intentional use for the money.
BOA wouldn't let me off the phone without committing to a Direct Deposit it seems.
Additionally, they will want you to wait 14 days or s'thin' like that to complete the funds' transfer.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 9
too-much-time
Frequent Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

Sometimes there are options to get cash for the same conditions as a balance transfer.

If you are in need of quick money though I doubt it will arrive quickly. Should take at least a couple of days possibly a week or so.

I haven't seen that to be an option with a new card. But convenience checks pile up by my doorstep faster than snowflakes in the winter, because I have been using some cards and then less, so that's a way from banks to do a little business, at an often favorable promotional rate for me and coded as purchases. The smoothest of such in my experience is Citi, which allows me to go online and deposit the money directly into my checking account. The whole thing is a few clicks away, and the money is in bank the next day. How can you beat that?

Message 7 of 9
sexycredit

i guess its best to wait for the checks, but i will  try citi ...like what "" too much time"". said

Message 8 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

difficult to do unless with a credit union, even capital one had issues with BT to a checking account

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.