Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance transfers?

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Re: Balance transfers?

I am bad at explaining things so lets say you have a Amex card with 1000 and you want to do a BT with a new 0% card,  Your new card has a BT fee it may be 0 or 3% ,4% ,5% so after you BT  900.00 on to your new card   the BT fee will be added to your new card along with the 900.00. Have the bank make sure the  BT fees don't cause you to go over your credit limit for that card.  The new card gets the BT fee. Sorry I should have said that in the first place. LOL my DH just let our little Chihuahua out to relieve herself and she just chased off the ups guy with our Amazon package. LMAO,  He can beat her to the truck,the driver that is. OMG I can't stop laughing.  Smiley LOL Two hijacks in one thread.

Message 11 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@ShiningDown wrote:

I am bad at explaining things so lets say you have a Amex card with 1000 and you want to do a BT with a new 0% card,  Your new card has a BT fee it may be 0 or 3% ,4% ,5% so after you BT  900.00 on to your new card   the BT fee will be added to your new card along with the 900.00. Have the bank make sure the  BT fees don't cause you to go over your credit limit for that card.  The new card gets the BT fee. Sorry I should have said that in the first place. LOL my DH just let our little Chihuahua out to relieve herself and she just chased off the ups guy with our Amazon package. LMAO,  He can beat her to the truck,the driver that is. OMG I can't stop laughing.  Smiley LOL Two hijacks in one thread.

Lol! thanks. I was always just curious since both cards have BT fees, I never knew who charged you xD 

Message 12 of 15
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

That was a little confusing, but I am not the sharpest crayon in the box either ha ha. I think after I start using my CC's more, I hope to understand the lingo better. I tried to recon with Discover and they said that because my BK being so recent(2 years ago) that I should wait another 6 months and reapply. Hopefully by then, I will have my utilization down to 9% and will be approved! Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

Boo to Citi as well. Unsuccesful recon because of my BK. Come on, am I really the only person who has filed BK?! I cant get anything with it reporting Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 15
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

.  If you BT a different cc balance to your Capital one cc then you will probably pay the same annual percentage rate your capital one card is at 

So if capital one is offering you a BT with 0  BT fees  and it dosnt say 0 interest rate then you will paying the same apr on this transfers amount as soon as it shows up on your capital one card.  Someone else translate in English so this makes since.     

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.