Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America Cash Rewards - Denied

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Bank Of America Cash Rewards - Denied

So I applied for cash rewards last week when I got my freedom, and got the denial letter in the mail. It says that they cannot approve me because I have an overdrawn account with them..? I had an account that had a zero balance for a while..So tomorrow when I talk to them it could be the account I never used? What do you guys think.

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Bank Of America Cash Rewards - Denied

Message 2 of 28
enharu
Super Contributor

If you had a checking account with monthly fees and/or requirements to meet, chances are you did not meet any requirements since the balance was 0. They charged the monthly fee, and your account was overdrawn as a result. This is my guess. You should check your chexsystems report just to be sure.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 28
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Well they said I overdrew a checking account with them

Message 4 of 28
enharu
Super Contributor

You should check your chexsystem report. Most lenders pull that as well for credit apps. If possible, try to have those derog(s) removed, otherwise it may affect you for other credit apps as well.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That's what enharu meant- an overdrawn account can occur with monthly fees. Definitely check your chexsystems report because of it was closed due to 'account abuse/ NSF' they will report you.
Message 6 of 28
xgac12x
Established Contributor

So should I try to call Bank of america to deal with the account fees? or chexsystem

Message 7 of 28
enharu
Super Contributor

The best way to go around this is to call BofA, find out about how much you owe them exactly, and offer to pay it back. If possible, have them remove the derogs on your chexsystem report as well
Message 8 of 28
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Okay! Thanks! You guys are awesome!
Message 9 of 28
knoregs
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
You should check your chexsystem report. Most lenders pull that as well for credit apps. If possible, try to have those derog(s) removed, otherwise it may affect you for other credit apps as well.

Is this correct? Can anybody verify? I can understand for like a credit union membership but has anyone been turned down for a loan/credit card because of a ChexSystem entry?

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.