Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America SUCKS!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank Of America SUCKS!!!

Heck...call them!  That's what I did. I called at my 9th month, my 10 month, I am now at 11 months and finally had success.  But search the forum for the Secured Credit Card number...I don't have it handy.  It's an 888 number.  I had no luck calling the 800 number on the back of the card, but someone recently gave me the number to the Secured Card (its a direct number)...and that one worked.  WARNING:  it did cost me a hard pull on Transunion for a whole $500 increase, but I didn't have any pulls on Transunion anyway...so I don't think it'll hurt me that much. 
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Heck...call them!  That's what I did. I called at my 9th month, my 10 month, I am now at 11 months and finally had success.  But search the forum for the Secured Credit Card number...I don't have it handy.  It's an 888 number.  I had no luck calling the 800 number on the back of the card, but someone recently gave me the number to the Secured Card (its a direct number)...and that one worked.  WARNING:  it did cost me a hard pull on Transunion for a whole $500 increase, but I didn't have any pulls on Transunion anyway...so I don't think it'll hurt me that much. 

Yes the secured department should be called directly when your trying to unsecure that's were i got my luck.

Message 12 of 17
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, aren't the first 2 pulls the ones that hurt the most?  Smiley Wink  Not to rain on your parade or anything, but I think after 3 pulls, the effects start to wear off.  My EQ has 12 inquiries, whereas EX and TU each have 2 now.  My EQ is about 30 points lower than the other two, so maybe I have it backwards, lol.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thrasher865 wrote:

Actually, aren't the first 2 pulls the ones that hurt the most?  Smiley Wink  Not to rain on your parade or anything, but I think after 3 pulls, the effects start to wear off.  My EQ has 12 inquiries, whereas EX and TU each have 2 now.  My EQ is about 30 points lower than the other two, so maybe I have it backwards, lol.

Oh I'm sure you're right, but I just checked last night and between the pull and the whole $500 increase, I only lost 2pts on my "fako" score.  So not bad.  I have like 6 pulls on EX, 1 on EQ and I didn't have any on TU.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just on a little rant here.

My DH has a BofA card that they closed a year ago when he got 4 months behind on payments.  I have now brought it more than up to date - (Balance then was $9000 (with a 7000 limit - argh) now it's down to $4603)

We call them this morning and ask i there is any way to have this card reopened or to negotiate a better interest rate now that he has been paying for a year - she tells me I would need to answer some questions such as income and rent payments (which I did) I was expecting more questions but then she tells me to call back monday for a decision.

"Wait", I say, "this isn't going to be a new credit check is it, you get soft pulls each month as it is"

I get told of course it is and that it has already gone through.  I said to her that I had explained that I was trying to improve credit and how was a hard pull going to help on that - at this point she tells me it was very obvious that a pull would be made and that by answering two questions i had agreed to this (the income and rent ones) as I KNEW that this was reapplying for the account to be opened.  I told her then that I knew no such thing - that a credit check was not mentioned by her at all... she tells me that I have to KNOW that this will happen that there was no way that was not implied.....

WTF

Yeah I will be writing a complaint letter 

Message 15 of 17
keithc
Regular Contributor

i do not like them either!! they called mom about a year ago and asked for my dad!! the only problem- MY DAD HAS BEEN DECEASED SINCE 1989!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never own any of their cards in my LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm retracting my earlier statement.  I went on Credit Check Total today and the TU hard-pull has been removed?  Not sure what happened there, but it's gone?  Maybe it'll reappear later?
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.