Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America Travel Rewards Bonus Points

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Bank Of America Travel Rewards Bonus Points

There is currently an offer for 10,000 bonus points after spending $500 on the BoA Travel Rewards card.  This was a valid offer at the time I applied for the card.  The CSR at the branch were I applied, however, made an error and approved me for the wrong card and then had me immediately product change over the phone while in the branch office.   Somehow, this error prevented me from getting my bonus points.  I talked to a BoA rep via online chat and he said that he was trying to give me the points, but the system wouldn't let him and so he opened a trouble ticket for my account.   I will update here as to the results of this ticket request for my bonus points.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank Of America Travel Rewards Bonus Points

UPDATE:  I found 10,000 extra rewards points in my account today!   Bank of America is slow.  And they don't always do things right the first time.   And I wish they had Apple-TV like SDFCU does in their Apple merchandise section.  But I will note that they have fixed my issue and I am happy. 

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Did you get a FICO score with your approval on this card Dave?  Sorta looking at this as my principal PC target once I hit 680 or so from my silly BOFA secured card which should be graduating in short order... not certain if the underwriting requirements are going to be higher than that though.

        
Message 3 of 7
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I applied for BoA and SDFCU at the same time.  SDFCU definately immediately gave me an EX score of 693.  I am pretty sure I got a score from BoA later in the mail and it was the same, 693.

Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks bud!

        
Message 5 of 7
moonman
Frequent Contributor

I received an offer for this card today and the bonus points offer is now 15k.

Message 6 of 7
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I got it for the EMV and 0% forex fee, but the rewards are adding up faster than I expected so I have been using it more.  It is 1.5 points per $1 on everything.  After getting my last statement, I realized that I am on a 0% APR promotion on this card for 12 months too.  SDFCU would have previously been my card to carry a balance if I had to, at 6.99% APR and 0% forex, but I will now use BoA until the promotion is over.   I do like the SDFCU rewards a little better, but the BoA rewards are not bad at all.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.