Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America $23,500 CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America $23,500 CLD

Yikes, this thread really got me worried.  I just checked my CL and it is still intact...

Waiting for BoA to cut it in half as I rarely use my BankAmericard Visa these days.

Message 41 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

They just dinged me too.

This was my last card with a balance and they just dropped me from 10K to $200 over my current balance of 4K.

I'm less than tickled right now..............

Message 42 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen a few "halfer" deals it seems.....18 to 9, 12 to 6, etc.
Message 43 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

hauling -

BoA softs me at least every other month, sometimes every month and have for quite some time.  I guess when they see my new accounts pop up they might decide to surgically remove a portion of my CL Smiley Indifferent

Oh well, I would rather proactively branch out now rather than wait and react to them after the fact.  My brother just notified me he got a nice 50% cut in his CL.....$14k down to $7k.  And he has had it over $10k, but then paid down quickly (4-5 months), and usually PIF almost all the time.

Message 44 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I JUST (2 days ago) posted in the "Have you had any of your credit card limits lowered by your credit card companies?" that I still hadn't, and BofA dropped me from $18,100 to $9,500!  I called them, spoke to a lady and asked for my credit line to be reinstated.  She was going to transfer me to a credit analyst, and transferred me to a non-working number.  Oops!

So I called the backdoor numbers in the Backdoor Number thread and spoke to a guy who told me that there was nothing I could do, I wasn't using my CL.  I called back and spoke to someone else who asked me my income, my position, how long I had that position and where I worked currently, and then put me on hold.  He came back about 5 minutes later and told me my limit was reinstated!  It hasn't shown up on their website yet, though.

Message 45 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's showing on the website now.
Message 46 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Mike14 wrote:

So I JUST (2 days ago) posted in the "Have you had any of your credit card limits lowered by your credit card companies?" that I still hadn't, and BofA dropped me from $18,100 to $9,500!  I called them, spoke to a lady and asked for my credit line to be reinstated.  She was going to transfer me to a credit analyst, and transferred me to a non-working number.  Oops!

So I called the backdoor numbers in the Backdoor Number thread and spoke to a guy who told me that there was nothing I could do, I wasn't using my CL.  I called back and spoke to someone else who asked me my income, my position, how long I had that position and where I worked currently, and then put me on hold.  He came back about 5 minutes later and told me my limit was reinstated!  It hasn't shown up on their website yet, though.

Good info, Mike!

I'm trying to figure if this makes any real dent in my total CL. I opened a $2500 Blue which is finally reporting, and I browbeat Citi into increasing my Sears MC from the deeply bizarre $1,212 CL to a slightly-less-weird $1800, taking me up to $106,100 before the chop. So the BofA CLI represents about an 8.5% drop in my total CL.

I'm toying with doing a BT from my HELOC again (which is how I started the card in the first place), and if I do, I'll call and tell them that I'll move over more, increasing their fee and APR income, if they'll restore my limit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 47 of 75
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

txjohn wrote:

hauling -

BoA softs me at least every other month, sometimes every month and have for quite some time.  I guess when they see my new accounts pop up they might decide to surgically remove a portion of my CL Smiley Indifferent

Oh well, I would rather proactively branch out now rather than wait and react to them after the fact.  My brother just notified me he got a nice 50% cut in his CL.....$14k down to $7k.  And he has had it over $10k, but then paid down quickly (4-5 months), and usually PIF almost all the time.

BofA has always softed me every 4 months, but it was on EX. This is the first-ever soft on TU for me.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 48 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

The guy I spoke to who reinstated my CL told me that BofA softs me every month.
Message 49 of 75
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

I'm also sorry to hear these incredible limit deacreases are happening to so many of you (my $5000 to $700 just pales in comparison).  Just to cut so much baffles me.  Psychic, you have such a positive attitude (resepctable credit limit, shouldn't affect FICOs) I just still can't believe it.

Message 50 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.