Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America - APPROVAL - Cash Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America - APPROVAL - Cash Rewards

I applied online last night for the BOA Cash Rewards Platinum Plus MasterCard and received the message "We Need More Time."  Stated that I would receive an email later once a decision had been made.  So I check my email about 10 minutes later and there was a message from BOA telling me to log into the link listed in my email to get an answer.

Congratulations!!  You've been approved for an initial credit line of $2.5k at a fixed rate of 9.9% and would receive my card in 7-10 days.

I'm loving BOA already.

2/21/08 = EQ 761, TU 733, EX 804

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America - APPROVAL - Cash Rewards

There's a good way to start the week!!!  Congrats!!!  Smiley Happy
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 2 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats..Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats! That's a pretty decent fixed rate.

Be sure to try and CLI at activation. The worst they can do is say no. They did me from $5500 to $10,000 at activation.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked myFico CR for EX a few minutes ago to verify that they did indeed pull EX for BofA and the account is already reporting my CL of 2.5K as of today.  I only applied on 4/27/08.  This one inquiry cause my score to drop three points.

I have not received the card yet.  My question - is it to late to ask about CLI since it is already reporting or do I still have a chance upon receiving the card and during activation.

Thanks for your help.

4/30/08 = EQ 772, TU 733, EX 801
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stewit49 wrote:
I checked myFico CR for EX a few minutes ago to verify that they did indeed pull EX for BofA and the account is already reporting my CL of 2.5K as of today.  I only applied on 4/27/08.  This one inquiry cause my score to drop three points.

I have not received the card yet.  My question - is it to late to ask about CLI since it is already reporting or do I still have a chance upon receiving the card and during activation.

Thanks for your help.

Congrats!

It's not too late to ask for a CLI.  You can do it on activation, or even after.

When I got my BofA card, they reported within about 36 hours of approval.  I got a CLI after I had had the card about a week, and they reported the new CL (and balance) intra-cycle, within two days.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my new B of A Plat Plus card today. $21k limit that I mentioned earlier in the week. The best part was the 12-15 point jump in my scores across the board. Interest rate is 8.24% with 0% on BT's and cash advances until May 2009. This card is incredible. Not arewards card, however. I may try and switch over if they allow it after 6 mos or so.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA is the BOMB!!!

I received my new Cash Rewards Platinum Plus Mastercard in the mail today.  I took the advise given by everyone here and called the backdoor number credit dept. to inquire about a CLI.  I was given an initial CL of $2.5k. 

I was asked several questions about why I wanted the CLI, (I told him I wanted  new living room furniture),  total household income, and several other questions to help determine if I needed this CLI.  I was told to hold for a few minutes and he would be back with a decision, after getting back on the phone he told me "why did you not tell me that you had such excellent credit", by now I'm wondering what is this man going to say about my CLI.  I had asked for an increase to $10,000, but after he checked my CSR and scores, I told him I don't want to go overboard, let see if we can go for $15,000.  So my new CLI is from $2,500 to $15,000.  Happy, happy, happy.

As if that was not enough, he gave me the direct line to his supervisor and told me to call back and leave a message for him to call me about getting my new furniture.  He told me that he could take $5,000 of my credit limit and put in a BofA account and use that to pay for the furniture and that way it would become % interest for one year, versus using the credit card and being charged 9.90% interest for use of the card.

My new relationship with BofA is off to an excellent start.

Message 8 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OMG, with an EX of 801, they will adore you forever!

Congratulations!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Haulingthescoreup,

EX was 804 before the three point drop after the app for BofA.  That is my only inquiry on EX.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.