Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America CC

tag
lambo003
Contributor

Bank of America CC

I just received a credit alert that my bank of America balance has reported to the credit bureau and the billing cycle hasn't even closed yet. The billing cycle is supposed to close July 3rd but a new balance has reported today as if the billing cycle closed early. Has this happened to anyone else that has a bank of America cc??
Barclaycard Ring $5,000 | Discover It $2,000 | Bank of America Cash Back Rewards $1,500 | TeachersFCU $500
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Bank of America CC

@lambo003 wrote:
I just received a credit alert that my bank of America balance has reported to the credit bureau and the billing cycle hasn't even closed yet. The billing cycle is supposed to close July 3rd but a new balance has reported today as if the billing cycle closed early. Has this happened to anyone else that has a bank of America cc??

Is this a new cc? Did you make any changes to your address?

Message 2 of 13
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@lambo003 wrote:

I have noticed that both Bank of America and Discover report to the CRAs off cycle.  Notably, I took my family to Hawaii and ran alot through my cards.  The current balances have been reported to the CRAs despite being in the middle of my current billing cycle.

I ran across a similar post a few weeks back and simply brushed it off. I plan to pay my balances in full prior to the statement close dates.  Thereafter, I will be monitoring my reports to ensure that the balances are updated.  

Message 3 of 13
keithB
Established Contributor

My USAA card just did this as well.

Message 4 of 13
lambo003
Contributor

Yes it is a new credit card (05/2014) and I did just change my address. Had I known it would report the current balance just for changing my address then I would have left it at the current address until the statement closed.
Barclaycard Ring $5,000 | Discover It $2,000 | Bank of America Cash Back Rewards $1,500 | TeachersFCU $500
Message 5 of 13
lambo003
Contributor

Do you know if there's any way this could be fixed? To have it reporting when the billing cycle is supposed to close?
Message 6 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@lambo003 wrote:
Do you know if there's any way this could be fixed? To have it reporting when the billing cycle is supposed to close?

If you pay before the statement closes then the "new" balance will report from the statement. BofA triggered the reporting because of the address change and they will report the balance on your statement just after the statement is cut again. So pay down and you are fine. If you do not apply for anything don't worry about a balance report. There is no need to report 0 balance all the time. Personally  I only do the 0 balance reporting  just before an app and the rest of the time I report my balances and pif after statement is cut. No problem with that and you want to boost your scores for the app but no need to do it all the time.

Message 7 of 13
One7
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@lambo003 wrote:

If you pay before the statement closes then the "new" balance will report from the statement. BofA triggered the reporting because of the address change and they will report the balance on your statement just after the statement is cut again. So pay down and you are fine. If you do not apply for anything don't worry about a balance report. There is no need to report 0 balance all the time. Personally  I only do the 0 balance reporting  just before an app and the rest of the time I report my balances and pif after statement is cut. No problem with that and you want to boost your scores for the app but no need to do it all the time.

+1 

I agree, if you don't plan on applying for anything new soon then don't worry about it. Once the new statement cuts (assuming you paid in full) it'll report a 0 balance again. 

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 8 of 13
lambo003
Contributor

I will be applying for a loan within the next 3-4 months. So do you recommend reporting 0 balances until I apply for the loan or just report zero balance 1 or 2 months before applying for the loan? 

Message 9 of 13
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@lambo003 wrote:

I will be applying for a loan within the next 3-4 months. So do you recommend reporting 0 balances until I apply for the loan or just report zero balance 1 or 2 months before applying for the loan? 

Fico has no memory, so just do the 0 balance thing the month before you apply, and you are good.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.