Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America CLI Question

tag
PoorPeatree
Valued Member

Bank of America CLI Question

Hello, again!

I've been looking around and there's something called a backdoor number for BoA? What is the difference between their CC phone number and a backdoor number? is it the same?

I recently requested a HP CLI at BoA and they gave me the 7-10 day wait message. I was hoping to give them a call about a recon. If that won't work, I read here somewhere that BoA can reuse a CC HP for multiple things, could I use my HP for an application to a different card?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America CLI Question

Depending how long the recent pull. Yes you can use it for a new application. Depending on the denial, probably not advisable though. They normally pull EX for new apps and TU for CLI request.
Message 2 of 3
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Bank of America CLI Question

BoA does seem to reuse the TU pulls for new applications done immediately after, but I'd be hesitant to apply for a new product after being declined for a CLI.  As for the backdoor numbers, they are typically numbers that connect you directly to credit analysts that can and do make manual decisions regarding lending.  That bypasses speaking with the CSRs who may or may not be willing or able to transfer your call to the appropriate department.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.