cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America CLI - When to click the Luv Button again and how much?

tag
sanzz218

Bank of America CLI - When to click the Luv Button again and how much?

Hey guys. So I am trying to get the limits up on a couple of my credit cards into the 10-15,000 range. I just got my Discover card from 2000 to 4500 a couple weeks ago. Today, I requested a Bank of America CLI of 2500 from a 700 limit and got it! Happy about it, but I feel I should have asked for more and could have got accepted for more with this inquiry if it turns out to be a hard pull. My question is, when is the next time I should hit the CLI button on the BoA card and for how much? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

Re: Bank of America CLI - When to click the Luv Button again and how much?

I would say after 6 months. I only had my BOA card for 6 months when I clicked the luv button. Current limit was 5k and asked for 10k. Approved instantly (I also wondered if I could have gotten more). Then was approved for a 2nd BOA card for 8k the next week. YMMV of course. Smiley Happy

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 2 of 7
pt310
Frequent Contributor

I have mine down on my spreadsheet as every 6 months.

I just got mine raised last month from $ 500 to $ 3,500, after having the account for 2 years. I think I had asked for $5,000. So if you shoot for the moon, they should counter instead of just denying outright. YMMV

And congrats on both CLI's!

Message 3 of 7
sanzz218

Okay cool. What type of spreadsheet template do you use pt310? That seems like a simple way to organize bills and goals.

Message 4 of 7
pt310
Frequent Contributor

I just created a spreadsheet on Excel. Nothing special, but I made sure it has all the necessary info. I add a new section and update it every month.

(I'm an accountant in real life, so spreadsheets are just what I do. I make a spreadsheet for EVERYthing!  LOL)  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
sanzz218

lol Okay cool. Thanks a lot for the advice, I think I am going to start one on monthly expensives and important financial dates and goals.

Message 6 of 7
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

nice same here i hit that luv button every 2 months its a soft pull anyways today my 6th  statement cut hit that luv button and bam 14k to 17.5k 3rd increase with BOFA just last month i was decline for increase Smiley Very HappyI ask for 25k and it was HP today was soft pull and was instant

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.