Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America CLI link?

tag
JStyleszx
Valued Member

Bank of America CLI link?

I've done previous cli requests through the website's increase link. Yesterday & Today it is not there..

Previous increase dates..

Jan 14th

April 15th

Today is July 16th & there is no link for an increase.. I am aware it is every 91 days. Today as the 16th makes the 92nd. Any idea why its not available ?

BOA CR

Currently $13k limit.

Age 3y1m. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bank of America CLI link?

@JStyleszx wrote:

I've done previous cli requests through the website's increase link. Yesterday & Today it is not there..

Jan 14th

April 15th

Today is July 16th & there is no link for an increase.. I am aware it is every 91 days. Today as the 16th makes the 92nd. Any idea why its not available ?

BOA CR

Currently $13k limit.

Age 3y1m. 

They have pulled the CLI "link" for several people, You have to call in for CLI request.

Message 2 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@JStyleszx wrote:

Jan 14th

April 15th

BOA CR

Currently $13k limit.

Age 3y1m. 

The 91 days claim gets thrown around here as if it's a given but it's incorrect.   There is no hard interval for when the link appears, it's when BoA's internal algorithm considers you eligible to apply for a CLI on that particular card, and if you don't see it the system doesn't currently consider you as eligible to request one.    Also note that in BoA's eyes "eligible to apply for" does NOT mean "eligible to get". 

I've had it reappear less than 3 weeks after getting a CLI on that same card, some people report seeing one after 91 days, some never see it.  You can also have one appear and sit there for months and then suddenly be withdrawn.  

You can try calling customer service and manually requesting one.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Mines been broke ever since i reached the max they are willing to extend me and it is completely gone now from my sign in for several months. 

I agree with CF, no true set time table.

Message 4 of 7
JStyleszx
Valued Member

Just finished calling. Was told i will

be notified within 5-7 business days of increase. Will update when cli is receieved. Thanks guys!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

to piggy back off of this question, do you have to wait a certain amount of time after opening the credit card before you can see the link? i opened a cash rewards sometime in late april and i frequently look at the site, but never seen a cli option. 

Message 6 of 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

to piggy back off of this question, do you have to wait a certain amount of time after opening the credit card before you can see the link? i opened a cash rewards sometime in late april and i frequently look at the site, but never seen a cli option. 

To give you two different experiences here. My Premium Rewards card saw the CLI link a few months after the card was open and they've been good in giving increases. My DW she initially called in after a year to get an increase on her own PR card when there was no link on her account. Eventually link did show after 13 months give or take and it has been routine ever since like mine. It really is YMMV basically as everyone has been saying

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.