Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America CLI message

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America CLI message

If I had to make an assumption I'd say it depends on how much your asking for based on your limit... But that's probably wrong

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 11 of 21
mpswirl
Valued Member

colindidit i think you hit it right on the money, usually its approved but not for the amount requested.

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
these scores are a few months old
goal 700 club
Message 12 of 21
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@mpswirl wrote:

colindidit i think you hit it right on the money, usually its approved but not for the amount requested.

Not in my case. I asked for $5000 when my CL was only $800, hoping for a counter offer but instead got that message to call. I did not call, but the very next morning I logged in and to my surprise my CL was the full $5000 that I asked for. 

Made me wish I had asked for even more! Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 13 of 21
colindidit
Established Contributor

I just asked for 500 more and I just got the 7 to10 day message :/ grrr. Oh well please god let it have been a soft pull

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 14 of 21
supersam101
Contributor

I got a increase from 1500 to 3000 a couple of days ago without a hard pull. I asked for 5000 but they offered 3000. Oh well
Discover IT Student $3k. Bankameri better balance $3k.
Chase freedom 2.5k
Message 15 of 21
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

I recently pressed the Luv Button on my BOA 123 card for the second time in a year sofe my previous cli and requested an extra $1000 cli on my account. I got the message to call in for my request. I decided not to call in. 2 days later I found out I was declined. Still waiting for the letter in the mail telling me the reason for my denial. Smiley Sad
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 16 of 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@ItchyAppFingers wrote:
I recently pressed the Luv Button on my BOA 123 card for the second time in a year sofe my previous cli and requested an extra $1000 cli on my account. I got the message to call in for my request. I decided not to call in. 2 days later I found out I was declined. Still waiting for the letter in the mail telling me the reason for my denial. Smiley Sad

You can always ask for a reconsideration. You should always ring in if an application or credit limit request asks you to. Maybe they want to ask some questions about what is on the report and you can't answer them unless you talk to them. I rang in and the limit went from 2000 to 7500.

Message 17 of 21
colindidit
Established Contributor

I might also even though it didnt tell me to call in. The 28th all my credit card debt will be gone. Do you think if I call underwriting and tell them look I already scheduled the payment to pay in full and I'm gonna have all my debts paid off in two weeks. You can't just give me the extra 500?
I have yet to hit 2000 on a major credit yet.. And I was hoping boa would help me out lol
Message 18 of 21
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

YMMV with BofA.

I hit the luv button in April asking CLI from $500 to $1000 - got this "Please call" message, but had lots of stuff to do for work at that point, so happily forgot about the request. A person from BofA called me by himself several days ago... just to let me know, that they can't grant me this increase because of my limited history. I started to explain him that the card for $500 is completely useless for me as I can't even buy a plane ticket on it and if they can't grant me $1000, even $750 might be a dealbreaker - he declined even $250 increase. 

The worst thing is that it was a HP. 

I have never actually tried their luv button anymore (and probably never will...)

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 19 of 21
colindidit
Established Contributor

Oh god I have a bad feeling ill get a HP
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.