cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Cash Rewards Mastercard.... Visa Gone..

tag
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Bank of America Cash Rewards Mastercard.... Visa Gone..

so the cash rewards visa is gone and now the bank is offering World MC instead of Visa Signature Smiley Indifferent

729.png

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards Mastercard.... Visa Gone..

Is the rewards system different or just the network? For some reason I can't remember the old card.

Message 2 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for info RajaSmiley Happy Doesnt affect me as i cant get this card but im sure those with it will be glad or sad to hearSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 11
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Is the rewards system different or just the network? For some reason I can't remember the old card.

Nope, same rewards structure, just a change to MC. I've had the Cash Rewards Visa for some time and haven't received any notice of a change or new card to MC. I wouldn't care, no difference between MC/Visa to me.

Message 4 of 11
OmarR
Established Contributor

wrote:

Network change.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice info. It may affect those who go to Costco but I don't shop at Costco. Also wondering if existing Visa cards will be replaced with MC at some time, and if BoA would do a Visa to MC transition for all their cards.

Message 6 of 11
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

yeah it was Visa few days ago but all of a sudden became MC i mite call them if they can switch from visa to MC... or if the existing cash reward visa holder gets approved for the MasterCard and gets another 150$ bonus (think not) Smiley Tongue

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 7 of 11
peghede
Valued Contributor

Hey Rohan i got it about 2 weeks ago.10k sl

You still edditing u new aprovals and cli  Rohan?lol

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a good option for someone who wants to transfer balance from a high-interest card to a low or 0% interest card. There is no annual fee. The balance transfer fee is only 3%. The standard APR is 14.24% - 24.24% after the introductor period is over. So the best option is to pay off the balance within 12 billing cycles. 

You have to transfer balance within 60 days of opening the account. Remember that. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!

So what does this really mean?

Is BOA trying to target a newer income demographic with this card? Since $5000 was the previous Visa Signature Minimum Credit Limit. If they are switching to MC, then that's prolly what they are after, innit?

Also, what about Visa Signature benefits? 

2018-03-12 10_51_31-Visa Benefits _ Credit Card Benefits Services _ Visa.png

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.