Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Cash Rewards not reporting CL

tag
severine
Contributor

Re: Bank of America Cash Rewards not reporting CL

So I called BoA and spoke to a lady who confirmed that the signature vis does not report the CL. When I asked about a possible PC she indicated that there was no need--instead she'd submit a request that BoA start reporting the CL to Transunion and that starting next month, this would begin. So apparently this is a thing? I would prefer not to PC if possible.Have you guys heard of this before?

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 11 of 19
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Does your card says bankamericard privilege card rewards and is it black?
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 12 of 19
severine
Contributor

Nope, it's the regular cash rewards signature visa and it's not black!

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 13 of 19
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@severine wrote:

So I called BoA and spoke to a lady who confirmed that the signature vis does not report the CL. When I asked about a possible PC she indicated that there was no need--instead she'd submit a request that BoA start reporting the CL to Transunion and that starting next month, this would begin. So apparently this is a thing? I would prefer not to PC if possible.Have you guys heard of this before?

Just Transunion? What about Experian and Equifax?  If they can report the CL to all three and keep it a signature fine, but that's the first I have heard of that with Bank of America Siggy's.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 19
severine
Contributor

She indicated that BoA only reports to TU, but maybe she was confused?

Message 15 of 19
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@severine wrote:

Bank of America reports to all three.  I would recommend you call them back and ensure they are going to report to all three CRA's. Makes me think they are probably also mistaken that they can report CL's on Siggy's but it's hard to say, I`ve never heard of that personally.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 19
plasticguy
Established Contributor

I have the World MC version and it reports to all 3
Message 17 of 19
HiLine
Blogger

@severine wrote:

Have you followed up on this? Did BofA actually report the limit for you? 

Message 18 of 19
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@CreditMuppet wrote:

@severine wrote:

Bank of America reports to all three.  I would recommend you call them back and ensure they are going to report to all three CRA's. Makes me think they are probably also mistaken that they can report CL's on Siggy's but it's hard to say, I`ve never heard of that personally.

+1

That CSR may have been confused about PULLING a report versus MAKING a report to the credit bureau(s).  BofA pulled TU for me here in Colorado when I initially applied for my account, didn't do a pull when I PC'd to this product. 

When I asked about the CL, I was told basically the same thing as others have stated, that they don't report a specific CL, but high balance.  I also asked about a possible CLI, was told not to worry, that charges of UP TO at least twice my CL would be approved.  What's interesting is that, on the on-line account access, it does show a CL; if so, why can't they simply report that?  It's already there ! !

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.