Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Closed my card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Closed my card

You are having such a rough time lately - I feel for you Smiley Sad On the plus side, at least they unsecured you - I know that doesn't mean much now, but I'm almost 14 months in and they haven't unsecured mine yet. As for your TU INQs, are those really just from the last 7 months, or were they older ones that were "re-added" because of TU's issue?

Message 21 of 54
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm not sure about inq
Message 22 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
I'm not sure about inq

Well I'm sorry they refused to reopen it for you. I'm not a big fan of them anyway right now, but hopefully they will let you back in in the future (if you even want back in).

Message 23 of 54
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

This is actually the 2nd time that I started with secured and got unsecured and cli and then closed by Bank of America... Last time was after my bk in like 2008 or something.
Message 24 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
This is actually the 2nd time that I started with secured and got unsecured and cli and then closed by Bank of America... Last time was after my bk in like 2008 or something.

Ouch! Maybe I shouldn't worry about them unsecuring mine just yet then; I have many new accounts as well

Message 25 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

I received an email this morning from my FreshPatch delivery that is weekly reoccurring that my charge was declined.  I logged in and everything looked fairly normal except it wasn't showing the line of available credit... I tried to chat and she told me to call in for any account fraud/decline questions.

When I called and started going through automated system it said thanks for your last payment, current balance, your account is closed. say what?!

Regular rep read me the letter stating the account was reviewed by an analyst and closed for too many new accounts and having enough credit.

Sorry to hear that CA, I just opened a rewards with a toy limit and just gave them a nice review. what a difference a day makes. Love to take that back.

Message 26 of 54
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear CA.  BoA did this to me first in 2007, then again more recently.  In 2007, I sort of understood their actions because of the overall state of the economy - most lenders were minimzing exposure.  I had a banking relationship with BoA since 2000 and didn't really start applying for new credit until 2012.  Then in early 2016, they up and closed everything like it was 2007 again.  They just have a risk model that I didn't fit into....I don't believe they put any consideration into existing relationships.  I still have a sizable IRA with them though.

Message 27 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I received an email this morning from my FreshPatch delivery that is weekly reoccurring that my charge was declined.  I logged in and everything looked fairly normal except it wasn't showing the line of available credit... I tried to chat and she told me to call in for any account fraud/decline questions.

When I called and started going through automated system it said thanks for your last payment, current balance, your account is closed. say what?!

Regular rep read me the letter stating the account was reviewed by an analyst and closed for too many new accounts and having enough credit.

Sorry to hear that CA, I just opened a rewards with a toy limit and just gave them a nice review. what a difference a day makes. Love to take that back.

If they are working well for you, then no need to take the nice review back. Different lenders view different profiles...differently. Does it suck for OP...yes. Do I feel that I should now dislike a lender because they close someones account, heck no! I have two card with them and have never had an issue.

Message 28 of 54
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Knock on wood bofa and my partner are fabulous so I agreed with above statement 100%. Different risk factors and computer triggers.
It's by no means a flag that everyone should be concerned about bofa and Ina's or something like that.
Message 29 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

If they are working well for you, then no need to take the nice review back. Different lenders view different profiles...differently. Does it suck for OP...yes. Do I feel that I should now dislike a lender because they close someones account, heck no! I have two card with them and have never had an issue.

MrP,

i understand what you are saying, but you can believe I will tread lightly. I am very familiar with BOA, I have several family members that bank with them and have very few kind words to say, but.... I will certainly find out for myself as I always do.. Thank you for the advise, it is appreciated.

Message 30 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.