Did you mean: 

Bank of America Closed my card

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America Closed my card

@JSS3 wrote:

@LMAO @ "smoking the morning crack". Smiley LOL

Okay, boys, play nice.  Thanks for understanding.

Signature needs updating
Message 51 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is interesting. I know that banks are closing accounts because of people who are churning credit cards and doing manfuactured spending so theyre constantly monitoring accounts.  They're on their toes from what I have been reading. And they don't like it if you have no balance on your cards, they start to ask questions. Sometimes I charge a few hundred by paying my bills and leaving it there for several of weeks, soemtimes a month just to show them that I am using the card. Not sure how that's working but I've been doing that. haha. 

Message 52 of 54
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is interesting. I know that banks are closing accounts because of people who are churning credit cards and doing manfuactured spending so theyre constantly monitoring accounts.  They're on their toes from what I have been reading. And they don't like it if you have no balance on your cards, they start to ask questions. Sometimes I charge a few hundred by paying my bills and leaving it there for several of weeks, soemtimes a month just to show them that I am using the card. Not sure how that's working but I've been doing that. haha. 

Not sure if the part highlighted in bold is true.

It's understandable that they don't like it if there's no usage on the cards. Clearly, account maintenance has some costs (and the occasional risks) associated with it; lenders don't like it if you just sit on the card without ever using it for any spend. 

However, I'm yet to come across a lender who's got some spend on the card but is mad at me because I didn't let it report. 

Message 53 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
This is actually the 2nd time that I started with secured and got unsecured and cli and then closed by Bank of America... Last time was after my bk in like 2008 or something.

Of the big banks Bank of America has always been my least favorite. Nothing lost IMHO

Ditto for me, and I've banked with them for over a quarter of a century. Lately, though, I've been seriously considering dumping them.

Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.