cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Credit Analysts the most incompetent EVER!

tag
imandy
Valued Member

Bank of America Credit Analysts the most incompetent EVER!

So I called in last week for a CLI on my BoA..I've never received an increase in 4 years!

I agreed to a HP and she said unfortunately they cannot grant it based on two unpaid collections on my file. I asked what collections and she told me and I asked her if she pulled my file because both of those were paid in 2009!  She assured me she was looking at a Trans Union report and I had two unpaid collections. So I hung up upset and just as concerned that TU was reporting inaccurage information. So I ordered my free copy of transunion and sure enough they're both on there as "Paid, $0 Due, previous chargeoff" dating all the way back to 2009.

What an idiot..and what a waste of a HP!!. My suggestion is never ever agree to a HP it's not worth it if they don't train their employees how to actually read a credit report.

My scores are all above 700 now and not a single blemish in close to 4 years with all tradelines reporting.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Credit Analysts the most incompetent EVER!

Fax over your TU report and tell them that you were told they were unpaid. Your conversation with BofA is recorded.

Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Why not call back the backdoor number again and have a different person look at it and mention it is PIF, do you still not see that part?

I don't think this is a good reason to not allow HP's

it's simply an agent reading incorrectly and I would have been on the phone with a different one 3 seconds later while pulling my own copy!

Message 3 of 10
JonStur
Established Contributor

i dont know why having paid off collections should affect a CLI with a creditor you have history with, call and speak to a senior credit analyst. I know some creditors are sensitive to collections EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN PAID OFF, unless they are close to falling off your report. That's why its always a good idea to do eveything in your power to get them to agree to a pay-for-delete.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

It's possible that the CLI was declined due to the CO's being on there, paid or unpaid. Its worth another shot tho!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

bofa doesnt like COs paid or unpaid.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 6 of 10
imandy
Valued Member

I realize I am paying the price for problems I had in the past and I am fine if they come out and say SORRY no CLI for you.  But the point of this is they were very specific in giving two exact reasons over the phone why they were denying the CLI and both of them were incorrect.  It took me about a week to pull the report and it just makes me so angry that I went to a SPECIFIC department to speak to a credit analyst which would lead me to believe they were trained specifically for this type of request, and they could not even read a credit report accurately!!

I should have immediately called back but I honestly thought maybe TU was reporting incorrect and i had to get that corrected first.  The one charge off will even drop off in March of next year is how old it was.

Message 7 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Front line CSR's are rarely educated as to how to read a credit report, let alone anyone else.

FICO and credit reports are near indistinguishable from magic for likely the vast majority of humanity.  I was stunned in a conversation with a guy whom I work with, who does a tremendous amount of market analysis, is a heavy investor in realestate, and had near zero idea of what goes into a credit score.  Well educated, bright, absolutely interested in such things, but he was so far off it was shocking.

Incidently, this is someone who's worked at banks, and is paid waaay more than any CSR, and if he'd been so inclined, could've gone and easily looked at the underwriting criteria involved.  Unfortunately, unless you talk to one of the underwriters directly, you'll rarely get an accurate answer as to everything that went into their decision; however, reaching those people is nearly impossible for us mortals.

In this case, I'd simply call the backdoor number and talk to someone else.  You may not get anywhere, but at least you might get more of a straight and intelligent answer.  In any service department, there are always people who are more knowledgeable and more empowered, and from stories here anecdotally, those in the other departments listed seem to be both for whatever reason.  I don't really understand how they have publically available direct numbers rather than internal escalations, but what do I know about modern call  centers Smiley Happy

        
Message 8 of 10
imandy
Valued Member

Thanks for the reply. I thought I was more clear but I again this was a credit analyst I spoke to. This was someone in the United States that deals with nothing but CLI requests. Likely this is the same department as the "back door number" but Im going to call again tomorrow to see. When you speak to someone on the front line when you call im they are overseas and they have to transfer you to a credit analyst. That was my shocking point in all this. This was someone who does this for 8 hours a day 5 days a week that was not even trained in how to read a credit report.  Even when I asked her twice "Are you sure you're looking at a report you just pulled" she said YES and read off specific information from the two CO's..that was all incorrect and from 4 years ago.

Mind you...both of these were ON the report when they granted me the card!! But if memory serves me I think it was EQ at the time not TU.  

Message 9 of 10
compassion101
Established Contributor

I'd call back again and explain

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.