Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Credit Card Graduation?

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Bank of America Credit Card Graduation?

My account has the blue hyperlink now....do you think it graduated, or do you have to call in for that? Should I hit the link? If it is a HP, I ain't touching it.......I've been gardening for 7 days and I got a long ways to go!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Credit Card Graduation?

If you touch the link it will be a HP. Some people now get CLI and graduation. Over a year ago, you were able to clic the link and they will ask how much and how you were going to fund the CLI (put more money 'secured'). Both are HP.

I got my card over 2 years ago and the 'early graduation' process was a HP. I read a few months ago that they changed policy and if you ask for graduation at 6 months, they can do it with SP.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hit the button and let us know ...

Message 3 of 15
wmweeza
Established Contributor

If you apply now it would age at the same time as other inquries, but yes it would be a HP.

Having been in the garden since Oct of 2014 though I totally understand not wanting any HP's

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CLI link showing up does not mean it graduated. I've had that link for almost a year now and mine hasn't graduated yet. If you ask for a CLI it will be a HP, but someone was able to get their card unsecured that way, plus a CLI.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountryLivin wrote:

My account has the blue hyperlink now....do you think it graduated, or do you have to call in for that? Should I hit the link? If it is a HP, I ain't touching it.......I've been gardening for 7 days and I got a long ways to go!

BOA has been doing good things lately.  My CC was a secured one with CLI of $300 and had it graduated and approve for a product change.  So this what happened.  I called them up and ask for a graduation since I had the card for a least 14 months.  The rep said if I want graduation only and not requesting CLI then it would be a soft pull.  If I want CLI then it would be a HP.  So I opted for the graduation only with the soft pull.  Got my deposit back about a week ago. So I have my first ever unsecured Credit card.  I'm planning on hitting that "request for credit line increase" link pretty soon.  Hope this helps.  Please keep us posted on your progressSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 15
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

BOA has been doing good things lately.  My CC was a secured one with CLI of $300 and had it graduated and approve for a product change.  So this what happened.  I called them up and ask for a graduation since I had the card for a least 14 months.  The rep said if I want graduation only and not requesting CLI then it would be a soft pull.  If I want CLI then it would be a HP.  So I opted for the graduation only with the soft pull.  Got my deposit back about a week ago. So I have my first ever unsecured Credit card.  I'm planning on hitting that "request for credit line increase" link pretty soon.  Hope this helps.  Please keep us posted on your progressSmiley Wink

Thanks Kento! Congratulations on getting your card unsecured! And thanks for the information.....I don't really care about an increase on mine, I just want it to graduate! LOL

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountryLivin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

Thanks Kento! Congratulations on getting your card unsecured! And thanks for the information.....I don't really care about an increase on mine, I just want it to graduate! LOL

Well then just go in for the soft pull.  You want the number?  How long have you had the card.

Message 8 of 15
bk510
Valued Contributor

@CountryLivin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CountryLivin wrote:

My card graduated at 11th month without any CLI......Requested CLI online few months ago and got $500, ouch...... Still paying $39 AF, I'll be closing it if they don't waive it by the end of the year.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 9 of 15
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

You can request a CLI. If they approve it, you will probably get bumped up to $1500 and it will be a HP. A few people including myself have had our cli and the acct unsecured recently and it resulted in HP.

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.