Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Credit Limit Increase Question

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Bank of America Credit Limit Increase Question

On BofA, t's always been a soft for me and most posters. I do remember reading a post by someone who kept hitting the button, over and over, and finally they did a hard. Slowed him down a bit. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 58
JMN
Frequent Contributor

All of my inqs. with Bank of America for CLIs have been soft.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 12 of 58
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Soft inquiry for me as well. I asked for 5000 from 1000 after 3 months and they approved with only a soft pull!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 13 of 58
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i requested cli on sunday. did not call (i should have but figured somehow i might avoid hard pull this way.) beginning of day three and still no go. sigh.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 14 of 58
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Everytime I apped for a CLI on BOAs website its been a soft on Experian. They give me

a message saying to call in to get an instant approval. I never call in and a few days later

they usually grant my CLI. I run a lot through the card $2-3k a month. PIF. They like usage.

I went from 2.5k to 4k to 7.5k in five months.

Message 15 of 58
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

They give me

a message saying to call in to get an instant approval.

are you sure it said "instant approval" or "instant decision". i got "call for instant decision"

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 16 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the "Call 1-800 for an instant decision", I called and was approved for a CLI from $700 to $2.5k, they pulled Experian for me since she asked about my recent American Express inquiry. I'm not sure if it was soft or hard. I've had my BofA card for 3 years, I was always scared to use the increase button.

Message 17 of 58
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I requested a CLI on both of my BOA cards and was denied. They tried to use something on my credit report as the reason why. Then I applied for a Citi AMEX card and was approved for $5K. I only keep BOA for the history.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 18 of 58
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Well i just hit the button . I am sure its been a year since i seen any love on the card. . Current CL is 3.5k i asked for 7k .. and got the call now for an instant decision. Last time i did not call and within a day ... they called me Smiley Surprised  but i got a 1k increase (atleast i think it was 1k ) 

Message 19 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Woolfman wrote:

Well i just hit the button . I am sure its been a year since i seen any love on the card. . Current CL is 3.5k i asked for 7k .. and got the call now for an instant decision. Last time i did not call and within a day ... they called me Smiley Surprised  but i got a 1k increase (atleast i think it was 1k ) 

Just curious. Why are you guys not calling? It takes about 3 minutes and your limit is increased.

Message 20 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.