Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Credit Limit Increase Question

tag
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Credit Limit Increase Question

personally ... i just hate calling and answering the questions.  especially ones like... why do you want the CLI .. I dont have an answer for that question... Just because?

Message 21 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Woolfman wrote:

personally ... i just hate calling and answering the questions.  especially ones like... why do you want the CLI .. I dont have an answer for that question... Just because?

Ahh I see. I think calling helped me get a higher CLI. She asked me why I wanted a new card and I said "This is the lowest limit credit card I have now, and I I'd like to keep improving my credit ultizilation." She then saw an inquiry from AmEx on my report and said "I see you just got an American Express card, in order to stay competitive and continue to be your #1 choice we're going to increase your limit." It was higher than what I requested online. Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 58
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I received a letter in the mail saying that my request was declined. Yet I was approved for a card from Citi with a $5K CL like two days later. I am done with BOA at this point.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 23 of 58
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Logged in this morning to BOA and my CL was increased by 1.5k . went from 3.5k to 5k .    I asked for 7k .

Message 24 of 58
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Requested and received an increase from 20k to 25k... resulted on a hard pull on TU. 

Message 25 of 58
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Ok folks, the results are in, finally, been waiting all week:

i want to confirm i was denied a credit limit increase, and here are the reasons:

Dear Scott,

You are not approved for an increase because,

The amount of credit cards and available credit that you already have is appropriate based on your credit information and the spending history of your account.

so i am curious,

could the amout of income i entered into the cli request form be a probable factor? i kind of hope not. because that was the only reason why i was denied for a citi cli on a hard pull.

yes, my available credit limit exceeds that of my annual household income; if anyone wanted to know this.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 26 of 58
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@scottwagnon wrote:

i want to confirm i was denied a credit limit increase, and here are the reasons:

Dear Scott,

The amount of credit cards and available credit that you already have is appropriate based on your credit information and the spending history of your account.

so i am curious,

could the amout of income i entered into the cli request form be a probable factor? i kind of hope not. because that was the only reason why i was denied for a citi cli on a hard pull.

yes, my available credit limit exceeds that of my annual household income; if anyone wanted to know this.

This is the same response I got several months ago when I asked for a CLI on my 2 BoA cards.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 27 of 58
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

oh btw, I FORGOT TO MENTION, BECAUSE OF MY CLI DENIAL,  i received my EX FICO!!!! AWSOME! hauling, now i can show you my ex fico score! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy smiley veryvery happy!!!

Scott, as of october 30, 2011 your EXPERIAN FICO SCORE IS 749

Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 58
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

Dear Scott,

so i am curious,

This is the same response I got several months ago when I asked for a CLI on my 2 BoA cards.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

phew!!! i would assume your income is much greater than mine. my current total credit limit (including non reporting and store credit is currently 72600). mvv, what is yours?

Message 29 of 58
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@scottwagnon wrote:

phew!!! i would assume your income is much greater than mine. my current total credit limit (including non reporting and store credit is currently 72600). mvv, what is yours?

I don't know about the income part but my total CL's are $53,750. The 2 BoA cards together are $19,300.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.