Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Credit line

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America Credit line

I am really looking to consolidate credit card debt.  Right now I pay 950 a month in credit card debt but the interest rates are killing me.  I tried to go through Bank of america but was denied.  Is there any other companies who offer line of credit offers such as these?  Let me know.   
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bank of America Credit line

adl1679 wrote:
I am really looking to consolidate credit card debt.  Right now I pay 950 a month in credit card debt but the interest rates are killing me.  I tried to go through Bank of america but was denied.  Is there any other companies who offer line of credit offers such as these?  Let me know.   

I would try a bank or credit union you have a good relationship with. It's better to use the funds from an installment loan to pay off this CC debt.
Message 2 of 4
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

adl1679 wrote:

Do you own a house? You could always try for a home equity line...

Also, have you tried just calling the CCC and asking them to bring down their interest rate? Even if they will only come down a few points, if you have been with them awhile they might be willing to work with you.

Heard of any good 0% balance transfers lately? Sometimes you can get approved easier for those since you are just transferring debt...

Good luck Smiley Happy
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 3 of 4
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Also, I think the key behind the 0% balance transfers on new cards will be your FICO score. If your utilizations are above 10% on your credit card lines, it may be dropping your FICO scores, causing the cc companies to give you higher interest rates.....so a 0% BT card may be tricky to get approved for.

Phumanr
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.