cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America: Does this offer mean I'm basically approved already?

tag
thatguycx
Valued Member

Bank of America: Does this offer mean I'm basically approved already?

Over the past like 1-2 months, I've gotten just some offers from BoA. 

Here's the link to the three images of the offer.

The APR is set in-stone just like how I was approved for Chase. So I'm trying to think, does this mean the same thing for BoA? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger; not now, but anytime from a few weeks from now until April. And yes I do currently have a small relationship with BoA already - a savings account with them. But there's not much in it and its like almost a year old max at the moment.

I'm wanting that 3% back on online shopping from Newegg, Walmart etc the computer part stores and such primarily.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America: Does this offer mean I'm basically approved already?

I think imgur is having server issues so your linky no worky.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The images show up fine to me

@Credit12Fico wrote:

I think imgur is having server issues so your linky no worky.

Message 3 of 13
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Link worked fine for me.  I don't know BoA mailers specifically, but from the specific APR and the opt-out prescreen language, this looks to me like an actual preapproval, not (just) marketing.

Message 4 of 13
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

@thatguycx wrote:

Over the past like 1-2 months, I've gotten just some offers from BoA. 

Here's the link to the three images of the offer.

The APR is set in-stone just like how I was approved for Chase. So I'm trying to think, does this mean the same thing for BoA? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger; not now, but anytime from a few weeks from now until April. And yes I do currently have a small relationship with BoA already - a savings account with them. But there's not much in it and its like almost a year old max at the moment.

I'm wanting that 3% back on online shopping from Newegg, Walmart etc the computer part stores and such primarily.

Bro, if I were you I would get the US Bank Cash+, it gives 5% on electronic stores from best buy, to newegg, frys, computer world, etc. Yu're going to build your own gaming PC?

Message 5 of 13
thatguycx
Valued Member

Not just mines, but others. One of my side hustles is building PCs so if someone comes to me wanting a computer built then they will send me the money and I will buy the parts for them on top of earning cashback off of their money. I get a few of them every month. I already have the 5% from Amazon Prime on my AMEX business account but this one was going to try to cover everything else like Newegg, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. I'll take a look at that card too.

Message 6 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The offer is not a pre-approved offer, unfortunately.  It is a pre-selected offer where you've met certain pre-screened criteria for the Cash Rewards CC.

Now, that said, if your profile is well-established, FICO scores are decent and can support the application, you likely could be approved.  

ETA - since you have a BoA online profile, check the Special Offers & Deals > View your special offers section, if one is there, those are typically more reliable.

Message 7 of 13
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@thatguycx wrote:

Not just mines, but others. One of my side hustles is building PCs so if someone comes to me wanting a computer built then they will send me the money and I will buy the parts for them on top of earning cashback off of their money. I get a few of them every month. I already have the 5% from Amazon Prime on my AMEX business account but this one was going to try to cover everything else like Newegg, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. I'll take a look at that card too.

The Max Cash Preferred, a similar card issued by Elan through small banks and CUs all over the country, has the same 5% electronics stores category, so it's another option you can consider.

Message 8 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

The offer is not a pre-approved offer, unfortunately.  It is a pre-selected offer where you've met certain pre-screened criteria for the Cash Rewards CC.

Now, that said, if your profile is well-established, FICO scores are decent and can support the application, you likely could be approved.  

ETA - since you have a BoA online profile, check the Special Offers & Deals > View your special offers section, if one is there, those are typically more reliable.

+e^23

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 13
FICOlearner123
Regular Contributor

If you have a relationship with bofa and have not opened too many lines recently  there is a good possiblity, good luck.

Goal Cards
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.