Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Last Name Changed Automatically

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America Last Name Changed Automatically

@09Lexie wrote:

Not sure where Enharu is but I'll answer. My last name is hyphenated, I have most of my cards reporting correctly but 3 have them running together as the Worlds longest name.  I have not had any issues with Amex, Discover or BoA accepting, posting pyts. 

lol I was at some open homes Smiley Tongue

I don't think the names itself will be an issue.

if you are making payments from Amex's end, you just need to input the correct routing and account number. All Amex requires is that "You must be an authorized signer on the bank account provided." So you could be making the payment from your family member's account as well as long as you are an authorized signer. 

If you are making payment from BofA's end (pushing payments to Amex), it wouldn't matter as well. All Amex will do is to deposit into the account as the work is done from BofA's end.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

They don't care what your name is.. so long as the payment clears. Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 18
newUser0
Established Contributor

Thank you guys. I was just worried, what if Payment returns and charge me a fee.Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 18
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
They don't care what your name is.. so long as the payment clears. Smiley Wink

Yup, pretty much lol.

I had a problem once when I had a cc payment due, and had recently opened a new account and deposited a large check that took longer to clear than I anticipated. So, I called my mom and used her checking info. Her name is completely different than mine, and the payment went through with no troubles at all.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 14 of 18
newUser0
Established Contributor

Oh!! This means can you use any one's account, if you know the routing and Acc number?

One thinkg I noticed is that, If you make a Inter-Bank Transfer, you need to verify the ownership of the account by Trail deposits. But, I have never seen of any CC asking any forms of verification for payments.

Message 15 of 18
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Oh!! This means can you use any one's account, if you know the routing and Acc number?

One thinkg I noticed is that, If you make a Inter-Bank Transfer, you need to verify the ownership of the account by Trail deposits. But, I have never seen of any CC asking any forms of verification for payments.

Well, I assume so, as long as you have that person's permission.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 16 of 18
newUser0
Established Contributor

Will Try this with my rommate Account and see what will happens..

Probably will try this with Capital one

Message 17 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

You can, but you need his/her permission....

For Amex, the T&C states that you must be an authorized signer on the account, though I am not sure how much they actually enforce the rule at all.

Each lender has their own policies so it's best to just read the T&C prior to making the payment. BofA will do trial deposits like you said. Because of the time it took for those deposits to show up I had to drop by a branch to make my first payment to avoid being late....

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.