Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America PC to Premium Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America PC to Premium Rewards

Does anyone know if it is possible to PC the Alaska VS to the Premium Rewards Card?

Would hate to lose the large credit line but don’t fly much anymore.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America PC to Premium Rewards

Probably not since it's a co-brand and PR is a core product.  Call and ask.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only way to really know is to call and try. My gut says probably not because of what Obscure-Expert said. Maybe they can open a Premium Rewards and transfer the credit line? You would lose the age on the Alaska VS account though.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I put in the request. The CSR said I’ll receive a letter within 10-14 days letting me know if it can be done and that I have 45 days to change my mind.

After that, the CSR read all the terms for the new card and the AF, etc. was very nice and helpful.

I’ll update what happens either way when I receive the letter.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

most likely not but hey worth a try worst they can say is no Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

update:  declined

guess they'd rather me potentially get a bonus from them than converting it with no bonus

Message 6 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

guess they'd rather me potentially get a bonus from them than converting it with no bonus

Did they give a reason, or just that the request is denied? BOA is usually flexible with PCs, although I don't know because your card is cobranded if that was the issue.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did they give a reason, or just that the request is denied? BOA is usually flexible with PCs, although I don't know because your card is cobranded if that was the issue.

yes, the letter said to call in with a case number.  The rep kept referring it to the Spirit card and I had to keep correcting her that it is an Alaska one (don't have a spirit card) and she told me it is because they don't own the card.  She told me I could apply for the Premium, get the bonus and move the 30k limit to the Premium (if approved).

Message 8 of 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Bank of America does not allow product changes from co-branded products to core products.

Message 9 of 19
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Bank of America does not allow product changes from co-branded products to core products.

Good to know, but I could've sworn that a rep told me I could PC my Alaska card to one of their core cards (forget which one she mentioned). I said I wasn't interested because I can really squeeze great value from it using the companion fare for coast to coast or east coast to Hawaii tickets. I don't really use the card for any purchases other than that.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.