Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Pre-Selected Offers/Application Question

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America Pre-Selected Offers/Application Question

Congrats! Figured that was a strong pre-qual/pre-approval, as I've never even had that happen!
What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Pre-Selected Offers/Application Question

Congrats. Use it monthly and PIF or close to it. In 6 months you can request CLI and have a good shot at an increase to $10K. Glad it went well for you!  Beware that BOA will also show you pre-approvals on other cards but they may cut your first limit by a certain amount to give you the second card. I have had that happen too and there is no fix with them other than cancelling the additional card and putting the original limit back on your affected card, then you are stuck with a HP for nothing.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.