cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Product Change, Do you lose Rewards?

tag
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Bank of America Product Change, Do you lose Rewards?

Let's say I want to convert a BOA cash rewards card to the unlimited cash reward card in the middle of a statement cycle. Will they erase the accrued rewards from the cash rewards when they switch it to the unlimited cash rewards?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Bank of America Product Change, Do you lose Rewards?

No.  With a BOA PC, any existing rewards will just be converted to the other rewards program and transferred over.  (For those two cards they're pretty much identical.)

Message 2 of 5
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

No.  With a BOA PC, any existing rewards will just be converted to the other rewards program and transferred over.  (For those two cards they're pretty much identical.)

Thanks for that. This is what I recall but when I was on the phone they were reading me the disclosures saying the request may result in a new account number and loss of rewards. It caused a mild panic and I told them I would call back (and then ran here to validate Smiley LOL)

Message 3 of 5
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Product change was a success. As other have been reporting, it took exactly 8 days to show up as the new product. The only notice I had of the change was some cash rewards became available for redemption off cycle (the pending rewards from before the product conversion).

Message 4 of 5
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Even when my Chase AARP card was transfered to Barclays, my rewards transfered over too.  $18 if I remember correctly.  Smiley Happy  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.