Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America - Ridiculous Customer Service and Repeated Phone Calls

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Bank of America - Ridiculous Customer Service and Repeated Phone Calls

Be careful with Bank of America.  If they tell you it will be a soft pull for a limit increase, don't believe them.  I recently asked them why after two years of having my account, why hadn't I been given a CLI.  I was told that if the amount wasn't over $5000 it would be a soft pull, so I requested $4500.  Guess what?  Yup, a hard pull.  I immediately called and spoke to someone about this and was told that the HP would be removed and that the supervisor would call me back.  Guess what?  Yup, the supervisor didn't call me back.  Someone else did though.  They tried to sell me on keeping the HP, just as the other person did.  I didn't want a HP and would never agree to one.  I was told by both of them that the HP would be removed and that I would receive a follow-up phone call about this issue.  So 10 days later I am still waiting, so I call the EO, and guess what; run around.  So be careful with what you are told and don't expect good customer service in this situation if it happens to you.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America - Ridiculous Customer Service and Repeated Phone Calls

I'm sorry this happened to you, but any CLI with BoA results in a HP. Unless you are one of the lucky people that have received emails telling you otherwise.

Because you were given misinformation by CS, you may be able to get the HP removed. All they have to do is listen to the conversation. Because of all the issues BoA has had in the past, I'm sure they record all phone calls for quality assurance and to cover themselves.

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'm sorry and I understand it's more about principal than anything else but it may not be worth too much headache to get one HP removed. It probably will not make any impact either way.
Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Re: Bank of America - Ridiculous Customer Service and Repeated Phone Calls

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

I'm sorry this happened to you, but any CLI with BoA results in a HP. Unless you are one of the lucky people that have received emails telling you otherwise.

Because you were given misinformation by CS, you may be able to get the HP removed. All they have to do is listen to the conversation. Because of all the issues BoA has had in the past, I'm sure they record all phone calls for quality assurance and to cover themselves.

Best of luck!

+1 I'm also sorry to hear of being told wrong info but as beautifulblaquepearl stated BofA has always been an HP for customer requested CLI's 

Let's hope someone will review the call and do the right thing but honestly don't expect it and stress over it 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they give you a CLI?
Message 5 of 7
creditguy
Valued Contributor

The misinformed misleading CSR strikes again. Everything well practically everything with BofA is a HP. CLI? that's a HP, driving past a branch? that's a HP, touching their card? yup that's a HP, saying BofA's name? You better believe that's a HP. Yeah it's a tad bit of an exaggeration but my point is assume everything is a HP with them even when they say its a SP. Sorry you were mislead but I'm sure you can and will get that HP removed, they may not make it easy but you will succeed, good luck.
Message 6 of 7
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Yes, they did listen to the phone call and admitted it was told to me.  They also said they would have the HP removed and haven't done so.

Yes, they did give me a CLI, to $4500, because that is all I asked for, since I was told that if it was under $5000 it was a SP.  If I were willing to take a HP for a CLI I would have asked for the maximum amount!  The first lady I talked to even tried to sell me on more of an increase to keep the HP, which leads me to believe that I certainly was able to get even more and they knew it.

It is annoying to be told that I am going to get a call back and nothing happens.  It is annoying to be told something untrue.  It is really annoying to have to repeatedly call them and get promised it will be taken care of and it never is. 

At this point I expect that AA will happen to my account out of spite for making them take care of this issue!  I have already contacted the CFPB and will be contacting the BBB.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.