cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Rules!! CLI approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Rules!! CLI approved!

I got the 7.90% APR from BoA as well on my BankAmericard Rewards Visa as well...
Message 11 of 23
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

It's been two months since my last CLI so I decided to call to see if I could get another CLI. My goal was to get my BankAmericard to $10K by Xmas. I was currently at $6000 and they approved another CLI to $9000. I didn't want to be greedy so I thanked the credit analyst and hung-up. Not bad since I just got a CLI in Sept.

The next morning I decided to call them back and speak to an analyst again. I told her that I had just called yesterday and recieved the increase to $9000 but that my goal was to have this card at $10,000. She was very receptive and said she would try to get me the additional $1000. I was put on hold for a minute or two and she came back on and said that she approved the extra $1000 and that my CL was now $10,000. I was very thankful and she then told me in the future just to ask for the total credit line that I wanted. She said that my long history with the bank along with my strong credit score were major factors and I would have been approved for the total amount yesterday.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thebostonredsox wrote:

It's been two months since my last CLI so I decided to call to see if I could get another CLI. My goal was to get my BankAmericard to $10K by Xmas. I was currently at $6000 and they approved another CLI to $9000. I didn't want to be greedy so I thanked the credit analyst and hung-up. Not bad since I just got a CLI in Sept.

The next morning I decided to call them back and speak to an analyst again. I told her that I had just called yesterday and recieved the increase to $9000 but that my goal was to have this card at $10,000. She was very receptive and said she would try to get me the additional $1000. I was put on hold for a minute or two and she came back on and said that she approved the extra $1000 and that my CL was now $10,000. I was very thankful and she then told me in the future just to ask for the total credit line that I wanted. She said that my long history with the bank along with my strong credit score were major factors and I would have been approved for the total amount yesterday.

Did they do a hard inquiry? Do they have a luv button at all?

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

wcnghj wrote:

Did they do a hard inquiry? Do they have a luv button at all?

They do have a luv button, which results in a soft pull, but most people find they have better success by calling and speaking to a credit analyst.  That will also usually be a soft pull, but in the rare instance where a credit analyst needs to do a hard pull, they will always warn you first and ask if you still want to proceed.

Message 14 of 23
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@thebostonredsox wrote:

Did they do a hard inquiry?Soft Do they have a luv button at all?Yes.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 15 of 23
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

That's cool on the cli.

I had a student platinum plus which got converted to a regular platinum plus a few months back. Last month I got a cli from 2k to 3k on the card, which was pretty awesome.

I went ahead and app'd for a world points mc from them today and got a "we need to look into this.. blah... expect written notification within 30 days."

Was wondering if they deny the app, could I like ask for a secured since I've wasted an inquiry on it anyways..? or is it like a new inquiry... anyone know?
Message 16 of 23
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

If the application is declined, call New Card Underwriting and ask them for a recon to review your app manually.
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is this the luv button? The one that pulls a S-IQ?

https://ccss-rva.bankofamerica.com/ccss/creditLineIncreaseEForm.el_uif

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA is by far my favorite card because they approved me for my highest credit limit. I was so happy with them at the time that I moved my checking over to BoA too, where I remain a happy customer.
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So is this the luv button? The one that pulls a S-IQ?

https://ccss-rva.bankofamerica.com/ccss/creditLineIncreaseEForm.el_uif

Anybody?

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.