cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured Card - Approved??

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured Card - Approved??

I know it sounds dumb but I've heard great success stories with bofa secured graduation plus I've cleaned up my reports tremendously so ill take a few hard pulls from them if need be
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 21 of 40
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

I agree. BofA will/should grow with you. It's worth the trade-off IMO.
Message 22 of 40
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@-Cain- wrote:
Yeah, I asked about it once, they said they had to since the original terms would be changing. I think it is pretty harsh, but if the card grows long-term, I'll take that trade-off.

Hrm, guess will see where I'm at come August: was debating putting more money in to increase the CL for all of the usual FICO scoring reasons, and since I'm re-financing my car at that time anyway, might as well eat the inquiry damage if putting off condo shopping till the following year (which appears to be a forgone conclusion currently).

Thanks for the heads up, any idea if it changes their graduation policy?

        
Message 23 of 40
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

From what I've gathered, upping CL shouldn't affect graduation timeline.

I'll add that graduation is not 100% automatic, nor guaranteed, but is the norm.
Message 24 of 40
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah well I've been graduated once before with a weaker credit report and score than I have now, I suspect it'll happen again for me Smiley Happy.

Was mostly just an idiot for letting the card lapse when it came to renew.  Ah well, if I didn't have issues I wouldn't have been here to gather all these nifty bits of information from you and others, thanks again!

        
Message 25 of 40
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Strange, it showed up on my transunion.
Message 26 of 40
fixthismess10

I just got this message as well.  Which phone number can I call to find out?

Message 27 of 40
Tlvandewater

I haven't received any emails or letters, but about a week after I applied the debited my account..... I'm assuming approved?
Message 28 of 40
HoumaCrawfish
New Visitor

I think that if you have approved acconts with Chase... Citi... Cap One.. Barkleys.. with HIGH credit limits.. approval for a BOA card with a SECURED limit of $300 to $10000 is really going to make the big dogs scratch their heads.....   I applied for a BOA cash rewards card and recieved a letter that I was denied that card but... preseleceted for the secured card....  I trashed the letter ..and stood by Chase ($6K)  Citi (7K) Barkley (3.5K) USBank (3.5K)  AMEX ( 7.5K) .... BOA needs to take a walk.... 

Message 29 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys I'm new here. I had been doing a ton of reading b4 I went ahead an applied for the B of A secured credit card. Initially out the gate I was denied like most but thanks to the good info on here I was able to contact the back door an get approved. Thanks again guys an I'm looking forward to jumping on the road to credit rebuilding.

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.