cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured Card - Approved??

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured Card - Approved??

@chan85 wrote:

Does Cap1 report as a secured card? I see in the post above that BoA does, but I feel like creditors judge that it is secured so I don't know if I would want that part reported.

No, the Cap One secured card does not report as secured. When I started credit repair last year, I was also worried about what secured card reports as secured or not on my CR. But I dont see it being much of a problem now. I applied and got approved for a BOA secured card just a few months ago even though I have enough unsecured cards with higher limits. Just wanting to get back in the good graces of BOA again and rebuild a positive relationship with them.

Message 11 of 40
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

I too received the same online message and then a letter a week later stating I was declined due to my Experian CR/Score at the time.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 12 of 40
kpresod
Regular Contributor

Hello All,

I applied last night and got the same message, called the department few mins ago and was told that I was approved for it! 

Message 13 of 40
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Congrats kpresod & Welcome to the forums!

Keep I mind that if you are thinking about raising your CLs, it may result in a hard pull each time, so add wisely if you must. Your card should unsecure between 9-12 months, take care of it and watch it grow.
Message 14 of 40
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

I applied online for a Bank of America Secured card the day before yesterday and I immediately received this message:

Thank you very much, we received your application. If approved you should receive your credit-building Secured Card 7 to 10 days after we successfully verify your information and process your security deposit. The longer you use your credit card and make your payments on time, the more likely you are to build a solid credit record.Thank you for choosing a Bank of America credit card.

I also got an email that says we've reached a credit decision - and it redirects me to the message above again.  They haven't debited by account for the deposit yet so I don't know if I've been approved or not.

Anyone have experience with this?  Am I approved or denied???  Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

Sounds like an approval, nowhere in that statement says denial.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 40
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

It is the same message I got, however the OP was denied.
Message 16 of 40
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

I got the same message like you and was denied the next day. I called for recon and they approved me and it took FOREVER to get my card. 3 weeks to be exact from the day I applied.
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 17 of 40
kpresod
Regular Contributor

NICE!! I've got Cap1 1000cl and now Bofa 300cl....and an authorize user for an Amex Blue Sky of 3000cl so hopefully my score raises quickly in few months Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 40
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@-Cain- wrote:
Congrats kpresod & Welcome to the forums!

Keep I mind that if you are thinking about raising your CLs, it may result in a hard pull each time, so add wisely if you must. Your card should unsecure between 9-12 months, take care of it and watch it grow.

Usually a secured card gets a CLI by just depositing more cash: BofA does a HP for this?  Ugh if so.

        
Message 19 of 40
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I asked about it once, they said they had to since the original terms would be changing. I think it is pretty harsh, but if the card grows long-term, I'll take that trade-off.
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.