cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured Credit Card Question?

tag
Cadmius

Bank of America Secured Credit Card Question?

I put in an app for a bank of America secured credit card and got the we will wright you by US mail with in 30 days. For my deposit I put in $4,900 the max they will take. My question is will it be approved because of the deposit or could they decline it? The whole reason I want to know is I don't want to be going 30 days not knowing if that $4,900 is going to be coming out of my account 3 or 4 weeks from now and not be able to do anything with it if they are going to decline it. Would I be able to call them would they be able to tell me?

Thanks for reading. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
stormb28
New Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured Credit Card Question?

Any derogs on your report? Most notably a BK.
Message 2 of 10
Cadmius

Nothing at all only one collation for about $300 that I DO NOT owe. It's been disputed .

Message 3 of 10
stormb28
New Contributor

That $300 collection/dispute could be holding up the party.
Message 4 of 10
missji
Regular Contributor

BofA secured card services is slow.  It took at least two weeks for them to process and approve my application but they didn't take the $ from my account until after it was approved.

Gardening as of June 2020. No activity until January 2023 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Scores (6/30/2020): EQ 640 | EX 660 | TU 658
Current Scores (05/22/2021): EQ 678 | EX 714 | TU 689
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 10
mustangy
Regular Contributor

They will try to charge you annual fee after 5 years just like me. still fighting to convert it if i cant will close before jan 2013 hit . Sadly will lose 5k credit line line but I ll close i don't care they pissed me off Smiley Happy
capital one $3500 limit aug 2019
capital one $3k limit aut user feb 2019
td cash 2k limit sep 2019
what is 3rd ??? to apply
Message 6 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

@mustangy wrote:
They will try to charge you annual fee after 5 years just like me. still fighting to convert it if i cant will close before jan 2013 hit . Sadly will lose 5k credit line line but I ll close i don't care they pissed me off Smiley Happy

5 years is really exceptional. If you can't get it straight with a credit analyst, tell him/her you will close the account. 

Message 7 of 10
mustangy
Regular Contributor

Ohhh god finally they convert it boa amex accelerated rewards those banks are some time insane i know international students they have amex and other cc CLI total 80k and i m citizen here in usa paid every month try to build credit for house buying and get declined Discover amex biz chase citi etc. Awsome works credit analyst those student wont pay the bill when they go back the country THANKS AGAIN FOR WORKING HARD !!!
what is 3rd ??? to apply
Message 8 of 10
kats_rebuild
Contributor

I applied on Tuesday for a BoA secured card with a 2000 deposit. I also got the 30 day wait message but by Thursday they had debited my account and the new account is showing up when I log into the site. I still haven't received the card but hopefully it comes right after the New Year.

I have two major baddies one charge off for $600 and a medical collection.

Chase CSR 22,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 13,000 | Chase CSP 10,000| USAA Cash Back $7,000 | AA Silver Aviator Card $10,000 | AMEX Everyday $9,000 | Chase Freedom $3,000 | Capital One Cash Rewards $4,000 | Discover IT $4500 | Nordstrom Store Card $2000
Message 9 of 10
mustangy
Regular Contributor

its mean your card is printed its take 4 days for new york now its holiday and i think you will get it by first a few days jan 2013 actually they are waiting for billing date then transfer every thing to new card but they have explain it to customers i called 10 time different phone number . CONGRATS Smiley Happy
what is 3rd ??? to apply
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.