cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Secured to Unsecured credit card account.

tag
Raziel77
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank of America Secured to Unsecured credit card account.

the secured card from orchard bank (HSBC) will not give you hard time at all
TU: 738
EQ: 721
EX: 732 Plus score
Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the thing is i am trying to break through into some real credit cards.. staying away from all the special condition ones..

Still a little ticked about getting denied an unsecured card from bofa, when i've been with them for oer 2 years and my credit is pretty much

spotless... but humph.. I also bank with BOFA, I am starting to not like them very much. Any other cards suggestions? i should shoot for..

I am pretty much over dealing with bofa, I am going to keep the card, pay it in full each much, but i am going to stop using it ..

Message 12 of 41
newstart2010
Blogger

credit union.  do you belong to one?  they will give you real credit, i am sure.
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any good ones in southern Californa?

Message 14 of 41
OonaMission
Regular Contributor

Hi Circuitt. I'm in the same boat as you, just this card and an auto loan on my report. About to ask for my card to be unsecured (I've had it since 12/08). Did they do a hard pull of your credit report when they declined you? I'm worried about getting an inquiry if they're just going to deny me.

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I belive they did, not too sure, but my score went down 3 points.. for no reason on myfico.com.. forgot what it said, something about moving buckets?

lol.. but anyways, yeah i would not do it, they seem like tight wads.. who only take.

Message 16 of 41
rosa29617
New Contributor

I too am in the process of re-building credit. I have banked with the credit union for many years and recently my score increased because derogs aged out and with hard work, I had some of it removed. So, finally I applied for a cc with my credit union and was approved for 'gold' card. That and a car loan are the only active accounts I have right now so I started researching more cards.  I spoke with BoA  rep online about their secured card and was told it would be a 'hard' pull on my report, so I refused. I didn't want my report pulled at all, since its only a secured card. After reading this forum, I'm glad I didn't proceed. Anyway, I contacted Wells Fargo about their secured card. I liked what I was hearing and was convinced enourgh that I would not mind if ifs a hard pull from them. Furthermore, I asked if the card would show on my reports as 'secured.' The rep said it does not show up on reports as 'secured' and after one year, with on-time payments, the card is converted to 'unsecured' and one would receive their savings deposit back. You may want to try Wells Fargo.

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using BOA secured credit card for the past 5 months with no late payments. Recently, I got the letter from Capital One saying we have reviewed your credit history and ready to offer you the unsecured credit card. And then, I applied for the card online and I got the unsecured credit card with the limit of 500$ in 3 days.

Message 18 of 41
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Yes it's easy to get. They offer different cards depending on the person's credit. Most people get approved for the Mastercard version with very low limits and no growth. The reg. store card is not easy to obtain. It has great starting limits and i've gotten 2 $1,500 increases within a year. They pull EQ. If your util is low and your inq are also low i'd go ahead and apply. best to apply in store while making a purchase. Hopefully the fact you have only one CC doesn't hold you back from approval.

Message 19 of 41
HiLine
Blogger

When I called BofA about early graduation for my secured card, they said the earliest date for graduation is 2 weeks before the anniversary. Should I assume that my card will automatically become unsecured at the anniversary? Is there a chance I can request early graduation without triggering an inquiry? I'm planning to product change my card right afterwards so I don't get hit with the annual fee.

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.