Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America US Airways Visa

tag
Drew1980
Valued Member

Bank of America US Airways Visa

This may have been answered here already, but I searched and didn't find anything. I'm just curious if anyone knows WHY only a select few Bank of America US Airways Visa cardholders were transferred to Barclay's? Mine is still under BofA but lately I've been getting a lot of promotional email from US Airways regarding offers if I use my US Airways MASTERCARD. Maybe a sign of things to come?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank of America US Airways Visa

Hey Drew,

Dont worry. BOA and Barclay's is all going to transfer to Citi after US AIR and American merge as Citi has the stronger brand and American has the better frequent flier program

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 2 of 8
Drew1980
Valued Member

Thanks Rudy... I didn't even think about the merger and what it would do with the credit cards. I'd be much happier with a Citi card than this BofA one that they NEVER give me a CLI. Always same reason for 3 years straight... "Due to current economic trends"... blah blah blah.

Message 3 of 8
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Pardon the hijack move here - but just read about this merger?  WHAT?  Wondering if this will be good or not for me.  I have a Barclay US AIr - MC.  I have had it for only 8 months, and Barclay has been GREAT to me: three CLI since then - I have always said that along with the card and my Discover - Citi is the only other major card that I want.  Unfortunately, I included them and Discover in 03 BK.  Discover has been forgiving - Citi has NOT.  My first two CC back in early 90s were Citi.  I wonder if with a merger, they will close my account since they are very reluctant to give me another card at this point. 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 4 of 8
Drew1980
Valued Member

At this point everything is speculation. However, IF the proposed merger went through it would make sense for the 2 frequent flier programs to merge; into which program, your guess is as good as mine. Citi would seem to have the upper hand however regardless of which program is kept.
Message 5 of 8
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

AAdvantage is the better program by quite a large margin, so my guess is they'd keep that one.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 8
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I didnt know about a merger. But if so, I hope that the cards are backed by Citi. I have the AAdvantage card now and I like Citi. Barclays does not like me Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 7 of 8
Drew1980
Valued Member

I read an article where a spokesperson for US Airways confirmed that they were in the works with BofA to release a business credit card by the end of the year. Hard to tell what's going on anymore. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.