cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America account closed due to report from Visa?

tag
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bank of America account closed due to report from Visa?

Barclays is doing this too with cards used at Target during the breach. 

Message 11 of 14
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

Received my new cards today. I think it must have been the Target breach, considering the other anecdotal evidence above. The car wash charge I thought may have caused the situation posted as a cash advance, but they did not charge a fee. I am not sure what that was about, but I am not going to use my card at such a shady place again.
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 12 of 14
adushenka
Valued Member

BofA assured that all previous charges will be posted once new statement is generated, so your car wash still has a chance to be paid :-)
Message 13 of 14
GOldfishes
Contributor

They did the same thing to me, but I did not shop at Target. The card has only been used to pay my MyFico membership for several months, not sure where or when it would have been compromised...

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.