Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America and Care Credit CLI

tag
CaroleBaskinBB
Established Member

Bank of America and Care Credit CLI

My husband and I are about to pay off the full balance of $11k on his BoA cc. The CL is about $16k and he's held a large balance for a while, but has always made payments on time. After it's paid off and our scores hopefully bump up, how long should we wait to request a CLI with BoA? 

After our scores go up, we also want to request a CLI with our Care credit card. How long should we wait for this?  This CLI is more important to us than the BoA as I need some major dental work done. Would it hurt to ask both for CLI at same time?

His FICO is around 700 and mine is 744. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Bank of America and Care Credit CLI

@CaroleBaskinBB wrote:

My husband and I are about to pay off the full balance of $11k on his BoA cc. The CL is about $16k and he's held a large balance for a while, but has always made payments on time. After it's paid off and our scores hopefully bump up, how long should we wait to request a CLI with BoA? 

After our scores go up, we also want to request a CLI with our Care credit card. How long should we wait for this?  This CLI is more important to us than the BoA as I need some major dental work done. Would it hurt to ask both for CLI at same time?

His FICO is around 700 and mine is 744. 

Not sure if it needs to report first or not. Once paid down you can try the CLI button.

ETA for BoA you can try 2 or 3x current CLI. It should be a soft pull inquiry. Shoot for 3x and computer should counter if eligible.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score hasn't been past 710 yet, and I've gotten 3 CLIs for my CareCredit since getting it 6 months ago. 2 before I had a FICO score. 

Went from 1500 -> 3000 -> 6000 (Jan) -> 8000 (April)

You could wait until the score updates if possible but the limit is pretty generously increasing in my experience

Message 3 of 7
CaroleBaskinBB
Established Member

Thanks. Does it matter if we try to get CLI on both BoA and Care Credit at the same time?

Message 4 of 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@CaroleBaskinBB wrote:

Thanks. Does it matter if we try to get CLI on both BoA and Care Credit at the same time?

I think you can try both.

Message 5 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CaroleBaskinBB wrote:

Go for both, no problems!  .. both should be SP's.   .. Ask High!

Message 6 of 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@CaroleBaskinBB 

I would check your Care Credit score........make sure it's either the same or higher.  (VS4) 

If it has dropped any I suggest waiting for the BoA card to report to all Bureaus the pay off/down of card and then re-check that Care Credit score to insure it's updated.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.