Bank of America Platinum CL $17500 - NOW $5300 just above current balance

My dad last week:

Bank of America Plastinum CL $19500 - NOW $10,000 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America at it again, big surprise.. NOT

Do you know what kind of useage they had on those CL's?

From what I can gather, those who don't use them much, or never use but a small portion of the CL are getting trimmed down.

Message 2 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

all 3 accounts have current BT on them, the platinum cards are 3.9 for life, the balance started at the $17500 and we have been paying them for about 2 years and they have never been charged on and the merryll use to be back up card but about 6 months ago my mom did a BT of about 5500.

What they reduced the CL's to is within $200 of current balance. 

Message 3 of 16
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Unfortunately balance chasing has become standard practice for those that carry balances on their CCs (especially BTd balances). I consider myself lucky to be carrying a balance and not had my limit slashed at Chase, because I got balance chased at AMEX. They cut my $11,200 CL to $6,400 when I had a $4k balance.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife's Discover card got the same treatment.  She had a CL of 4600 and they reduced it to $200 above

her balance. 

Message 5 of 16
beachboi21
New Visitor

Bank of America has really gone downhill in terms of customer service. so glad i took my biz elsewhere. their are a million banks dying for your biz.  nobody needs to put with the crap of bofa.
Message 6 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

@beachboi21 wrote:
Bank of America has really gone downhill in terms of customer service. so glad i took my biz elsewhere. their are a million banks dying for your biz.  nobody needs to put with the crap of bofa.

The biggest problem with BOA is they have too many numbers. The CSR's will quickly xfer you to different departments that  doesn't lead to solving one's problem.     

Message Edited by DI on 01-20-2010 03:07 PM
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fortunately they have left my CL alone.  But I use the heck out of it...often nearly maxing it, but I never let the balance ride out for very long....up to 90 days maybe then PIF.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did the same thing to us. We paid off our balance and within a few days charged $900 on it. They cut our credit limit from $5,000 to $1,000. I've been a customer for several years, always paid on time. I just cancelled our Capitol One card because we paid it off. We are paying off BoA in March and I will be cancelling that one too ...

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not pay them off and leave the TL open? Closing them only hurts your FICO because it reduces your overall credit.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.