Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America closing my Credit Card Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America closing my Credit Card Account

Guys.. just got a call from EO and the lady over the phone first asked me if anyone has spoken to me on this matter or not. I explained the situation and told her that I have no baddies anywhere and CSRs did not give any explaination as to why things turned out this way. She then apologized on behalf of BOA and said the account can be reestablished, at this point we have no idea what happened. She then ask me some questions and created a new online account. She further said when you sent an email to our EO there were at least a dozen of people working on your letter.. this is some serious trouble which no customer ever want to receive, email was forwarded to our risk department and an investigation has already been started. Then she gave me her direct number in case I need to talk to someone if things do not work.

I am still puzzled, what has happened in last 3 days but I will consider it a lot of learning from all the experts we have here in this forum. Please allow me to thank everyone here to help me resolve this matter :Smiley Very Happy

Message 71 of 82
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys.. just got a call from EO and the lady over the phone first asked me if anyone has spoken to me on this matter or not. I explained the situation and told her that I have no baddies anywhere and CSRs did not give any explaination as to why things turned out this way. She then apologized on behalf of BOA and said the account can be reestablished, at this point we have no idea what happened. She then ask me some questions and created a new online account. She further said when you sent an email to our EO there were at least a dozen of people working on your letter.. this is some serious trouble which no customer ever want to receive, email was forwarded to our risk department and an investigation has already been started. Then she gave me her direct number in case I need to talk to someone if things do not work.

I am still puzzled, what has happened in last 3 days but I will consider it a lot of learning from all the experts we have here in this forum. Please allow me to thank everyone here to help me resolve this matter :Smiley Very Happy

That sounds very promising.    But just a slight caution: in some other cases (not BoA AFAIK) the executive office gets overridden by the Risk/Security/"Special" departments, but this is usually where you have done something that they don't like (and you would know that you had done it)

Message 72 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That sounds very promising.    But just a slight caution: in some other cases (not BoA AFAIK) the executive office gets overridden by the Risk/Security/"Special" departments, but this is usually where you have done something that they don't like (and you would know that you had done it)

She did mention we have reviewed your case with Risk Dispartment and they said definitely something wrong happened at BoA end which needs systemic investigation.. So I think, from my point of view, I am good and that I know I haven't done anything wrong.. I am able to access my online account and do basic transaction.

Message 73 of 82
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

She did mention we have reviewed your case with Risk Dispartment and they said definitely something wrong happened at BoA end which needs systemic investigation.. So I think, from my point of view, I am good and that I know I haven't done anything wrong.. I am able to access my online account and do basic transaction.

Imteresting development..  Seems likely that you have had a positive outcome from this.  What caused it in the first place is the myster that you will most likely never know.

Message 74 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Imteresting development..  Seems likely that you have had a positive outcome from this.  What caused it in the first place is the myster that you will most likely never know.

I agree although I have asked an explanation and she said they will provide as soon as they figure it out. Let's see, I do not expect more, to be frank.

Message 75 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow..congrats on the outcome. It didn't sound too promising earlier and you probably won't get a legit reason for what happened other than computer error. I wonder if someone with the same exact name as you triggered the fraud department and you got nailed along with them or someone got click-happy and deleted you instead by mistake.

Message 76 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Klad for updating your thread. I'm glad you decided to take Sean's advice and you received a positive outcome to this most unfortunate event. Continued success with BoA.Smiley Happy

Message 77 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome. Glad you were able to get through this. I am applauding BofA right now also on the level of service as a result of the incident. Good luck with it all.

Message 78 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow..congrats on the outcome. It didn't sound too promising earlier and you probably won't get a legit reason for what happened other than computer error. I wonder if someone with the same exact name as you triggered the fraud department and you got nailed along with them or someone got click-happy and deleted you instead by mistake.

I know it started with something big and I am pretty sure it will end up as mystery only, atleast for me as a consumer.. If there is something wrong at bank side, they will try everything to cover it up.

Message 79 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Klad for updating your thread. I'm glad you decided to take Sean's advice and you received a positive outcome to this most unfortunate event. Continued success with BoA.Smiley Happy

Thank you.. and I am very glad that I initiated this thread and people came with some genuine reasons and advices to help me narrow down the problem and resolve it before big things could jump in Smiley Very Happy

Message 80 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.